Sunday, February 13, 2005

Head of Steam

Hi Imaniacs and everyone else. So there I was two nights ago, wondering what I could do for Monique for her birthday, and I thought of it. She is a bit of a gunzel (someone who likes trains and trams, for those of you who don't know), and has a real head of steam, when it comes to steam trains. After I surprised her by picking her up from her hotel, well actually she had already left the hotel, so I tracked her down at a tram stop in the city, surfice to say that $300 radio tracking device I got off ebay worked well, I just hope she doesn't notice the scar from where I medically inserted it. From there we headed up to Castlemaine, to catch the K class steam train to Maldon. The first class tickets we had, we upgraded to a foot plate ride in the cab. Monique was like a kid in a lollie shop, a smile wider than the nullabor plain. I think it was the most exciting day for the train crew, one having women in the cab, and two, one of us being a trainee train driver too, they were in excitement land. After reaching Maldon, a quick walk into town to burn off the cake we had had earlier in Castlemaine, then off to the fish and chip shop to putting it all back on. From there, it was a quick walk around town, where many a photo was taken, and Monique was introduced to Castlemaine Rock. A local dish, well local lolly that is very morish. Then it was back to Castlemaine, on the train, first class of course, is there any other way to travel! Once we were back in Melbourne, Monique decided to cook up one of her special dishes, a chicken thai curry thing, before we sat down to watch Kill Bill Vol 2. As much as I liked this movie, ideally I should have watched Kill Bill Vol 1 first, but who cares about minor details, the title kind of gave way the plt anyway. There is a scene in it where the Kung Fu master has a five point death jab or something like that. After he hits you, you take five steps and your heart explodes. Moniques Chicken Special also had this effect, but on a much lower part of the anatomy. I can't wait to try it again. Well until I blog again, HooRoo Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO