Saturday, May 21, 2005

The wonders of shift work

Hi Bread crumbs and other non left overs. Well for those of you who only do a 9-5 type job, this is something that you wouldn't really think about, but it can lead to some embarrassing situations. Last night, when I finally got home about 5pm, I was stuffed. It had been a long day, having been up since 2am for employment duties. Given my Saturday was going to be interupted with more employment duties, straight to bed was on the cards, so that a good nights' sleep was ensured. Now I don't have an issue with going to bed around 5pm. I can get to sleep no problems when it is daylight, my problem is going to sleep when it is dark and waking up at daybreak, but that is another story. So there I was, having just got naked (no comments about that in replies please) and about to get into bed, when there is a knock at the door. This was quite an unusual event, given I have been living here for about 8 months now, and no one has ever knocked on my door before. To make matters worse, it was one of those "done with force from years of experience" type door knocks. This kind of knock could only mean two things. Door to Door sales reps (Including Pay television, phone companies, tin rattlers and god fearers) or, it could have meant the POLICE! I called out, who is it? The reply came back "It's the Police" Bugger it! If it had been any of the others, I could have answered the door nude, but now I will have to put some clothes on. I quickly threw on my PJ's, the ones that have written on the front "Sorry. Did you say something?" Maybe not a good choice, but choice that was needed. Well the Police officer got a bit of a shock when I answered the door in my PJ's. I could see it ticking over in his head that this was some kind of Desperate Housewives scenerio he had wandered into, and that maybe he could join in. Umm, sorry, NO WAY! Anyway, he had a chat to me about some people who use to live where I do. It turns out they had recently purchased a car, a Holden Astra, and had given my address as theirs, that was the last anyone had seen them, or the car. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is a good thing to do, but if you are going to swindle a car yard out of a car, why the hell would you pick an Astra? So to cut a long story off, because I have to get to employment duties, for all of you who work you soft little Monday to Friday 9-5 jobs, spare a thought for us shift workers who are doing it hard, doing it tough, doing it at all hours, and doing it naked at odd hours. Blog Out HooRoo Bec

2 Comments:

At 5/21/2005 07:35:00 am, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5/21/2005 10:19:00 pm, Blogger Huggies said...

NAKED!!!! Nothing wrong with sleeping that way :) . I wish Ms Huggies would sleep naked sometimes hehehehe ;) . Yes I know all about shift work. Abit of a joke really considering how much it fuck's your life up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO