Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Blue eye (not brown) for the goat guy

Hi Fashion Elites, and others of a lesser cloth. Well Monday was a big day for me. And it all started on Sunday night. There was Andy and I waiting to get into the room for comedy night, he calls the love of his life Neisha. After they chatted for a bit, Neish asks to speak with me, and if it wasn't for the fact Andy reads this blog, I would tell you all what she said to me. So the next thing I know, instead of having a lazy arse Monday morning, I am going clothes shopping with the two of them, to dress the young man to make him look a wee bit dapper. Now to paint the picture, Neisha and I are not what you would call short. She is around the six foot mark, I am a bit over it. Andy on the other hand could be a jockey, if he spent a bit more time in the sauna, and less time in the pub. So he kind of looked a bit like our little brother. So off we go into the first shop, where we start working on colours and styles. The strange thing is I was thinking/dreaming about how to dress Andy the night before, and so was Neisha, what is really strange is we both had the same idea of how he should look, so there was no battle between the two of us as to how Andy should be. Our only battle was getting past the old saying of "It doesn't matter how much you dress up shit, it is still shit." The challenge was on. We grabbed a heap of clothes, and headed off to the changeroom, and this is where the real challenge started. For some reason, Andy does not know how to dress himself. In saying that, he could put clothes on, but not actually wear them right. I'm not talking about jeans on head or stuff like that, it is just the little things like how a t-shirt should hang to give you that "look". For Andy it was a case of pull everything down, like you are wearing a dress, something we didn't try on him, but future shopping trips may lead to this. For us it was a case of, look like you just got out of bed, threw clothes on in the dark, while you were half asleep, and have never seen a mirror. In the end, Andy was always out voted and we won the battle. After a few hours, one cool dude emerged. The day was helped by Andy getting a 20% discount from a Cleo magazine I bought, which was good for him, and for me it was a return to the days of the Cleo centrefold, with Daniel McPherson in the middle. Everyone was a winner. From there it was lunch, Andys shout, and considering he had owed me a meal for about 6 months, it was good to get it back. I settled on the kebab, with the upgrade to a larger drink for only 30 cents more. What the hell is with that, who charges 30 cents more for a drink upsize?!?!? Andy and Neish went with the pasta dish, which I think for both of them looked more pleasing when it ended up in the toilet bowl a few hours later. After that it was off to Place Of Employment duties, and a late night for me. So to sum up the day: Andy went from looking like a dork, to worth a gork, now rates a 7/10 on the Rebecca Scale of Cool. Lunch was an 8.5/10 and worthy of a repeat eating. POE duties rate as a 0/10, and may earn a posting here in the near future. Well everyone, as Imani says "One of these days I'm gonna piss all over myself laughing." Until next time. HooRoo Bec

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO