Thursday, March 10, 2005

What to do when you are sick

Hi Quokka lovers, and others less perverted. Dateline Last Tuesday: I woke up this morning, looking forward to the weekend (yes I shift work, hence Tuesday was my weekend), a day that was to be taken up with phone calls, and recording a voice over. Ohh how quickly a day can change. A song I like came onto the radio, so I went to sing along. Whoa hang on, where did my voice go? I looked all around the house, checked under the seat, looked in the last place I used it, and nothing, nunna, zippo, zilch. I'd lost my voice. So off to my doctor I went, and as an untrained monkey could have told me, I have laryngitis, and prety bad too. What the untrained monkey couldn't have done for me was give me a medical certificate for three days off work. Well it worked out to two days actually because I already had the Tuesday off. So what was I to do for the rest of the day? I discovered something called television. Now I do know what television is, I just don't watch it. But for some reason I managed to "vege out" in front of the box for the rest of the day, and not do a damn thing. The only hassle I had was my home phone which never rings, decided to go frantic with calls. How the hell could I answer them? So what I did was set up my MAC with a comment which said "Hi, you have called Rebecca. I have Laryngitis and cant' talk. Can you call back another day or wait for me to type a response into the MAC to answer your questions." I then held the phone near the speaker and let the PC do the talking, eat your heart out Steven Hawkings! Wednesday morning, when I finally woke up ufter going into snooze mode a few times, the first thing I did was try to talk. Oh why did I bother, still mute. So I did what any girl who can't talk did, I went shopping. I'm telling you girls, this is a really weird thing to do when you have no voice, and very fustrating. Mind you it can be turned into a lot of fun by getting sales staff to run around trying to work out what you want (yeah I had my PDA, so I could have written it down, but this is more fun), before you walk out of the store because you were "just looking". After getting home, I decided to try my hand at motor mechanics, being sick does weird things to me. I had gotten a manual for "HotBox" (my car) a little while ago, because the weewee man wasn't putting water on the windscreen. As you can see by my use of the technical term "weewee man" I have a sound knowledge of motor mechanics. After doing what I believe to be called "Tinkering" for a few hours, I had changed the oil, changed some other kind of oil (gearbox I think), cleaned out the radiator, and then realised just how much grease and oil was under my fingernails, so gave up on doing anything else, and went inside to clean it all off. You will all be happy to know, the car is still working. At this point, I can't be bothered posting anymore, so I'm going. Until we next blog, Blog Out. HooRoo Rebecca

2 Comments:

At 3/11/2005 01:29:00 pm, Blogger mj said...

Blummin' eck Bec, you're quite the resourceful thing aren't you? My question: what on earth do you do with the oil that you've drained out of your car? Can't chuck it in the bin - so you take it to the servo I presume?

 
At 3/12/2005 10:52:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Mikey,
The oil was collected up, and taken down to the local refuse centre. They recycle oil there and it is the only option for what I could have done with it.
Well actually I did try to take it down to the local beach, so I could give some marine life a nice coating, but I couldn't find a car park. :-)
HooRoo
Bec

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO