Friday, February 25, 2005

Gone Bush

Hi Cowfarmers, and those not assoicate withthe Dairy Industry, Well as the title suggests, I have gone bush. Now before you all get your dirty minds going, this is nothing to do with the American President, and I don't need to call the OMO help line for getting a stain out of a blue dress. What I am actually doing is spending a couple of days in Maffra, in Gippsland, doing a bit of R&R and also some work flogging off raffle tickets this Saturday night in the Metropolitan Hotel. Stan Munro is performing there, and it WILL be a great night, so get the last few remaining tickets while you can. Well what can I say about the journey down here... it was bloody hot for starters! After a walk in the midday sun, to get to Werribee station, I really wished I had bought the bag that had wheels, or rethink how much make up I carry when I go away. The train ride into Flinders Street was uneventfull and I didn't meet anyone "under the clocks", "on the steps", or across that ugly building. No I am not talking about Fed Square, I'm taling diagnals. Then it was a quick pamper of getting my nails done, and eyebrows (note singular, not plural) waxed, before heading back over to Flinders Street for a train ride to Traralgon. I would like to point out to the driver of this train a little thing called "prerelease". Just before you come to a stop, could you please let the brake off, before applying it again. It means that for those of us in First Clas, we are not being joined by those in the cheaper seats, as they all fly forward because of the jolt! From Traralgon, it was then on to a bus to Maffra. Oh I hate buses, but only because I have been in a bus smash before, so my survival chances are getting lower. All in all I left home at 12:30pm, and arrived in Maffra at 7:20pm, a nice bit of travelling for the day I think. Until we next blog, HooRoo Bec

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO