Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Deposit this!

Hi Lawn Mowers, and other non cutting devices, In a very Andyistic way, I've had my troubles with the Bendigo Bank. It was a long running battle, one that saw them pay me compensation, but one that kept going. Finally last month, I closed my accoutns with the idiots. This would have been done sooner, except I had to get all my internet banking stuff sorted out first. So the day finally came, that I went into the local brnach to close my accounts, and what a drama it was. Firstly, they tried to tell me my account was in the RED, and couldn't be closed. Then they tried to tell me, there is a two weeks notice period before the account can be closed. Then they tried to say the computer system was down, so they couldn't close it yet. Then they tried to get me to come back at a later stage, because they were too busy, given it was the lunc break rush. My reply to all of this was to stand my ground and insist the account was closed there and then, and that I am not leaving the window until the accounts are closed. The woman serving me was getting very fustrated at all off this, I don't care. Anytime she muttered something under her breath, I just pointed to the idiot next to her and said "If you have a problem, take it up with that fool, he is the one who started all these problems." That just fustrated her more. Finally after 46 mintues, my two accounts were closed. Yes that is right, 23 minutes to close each account. Oooh it felt good to have done that. End of story. Blog Out HooRoo.... WAIT!!!!!! Not the end of the story, with banks, it can never be that simple. About a week later, I get an email form their online banking section, saying my account has insufficent funds for automatic debt. I ignored it. The next day the same email came through, then the next day the same thing happened. So instead of getting angry, I wrote a nice little short email to the bank, informing them of their error. It went like this:

Dear Bendigo Bank, You are a bunch of idiotic fools, who have no idea of what you are doing. Stop wasting my time by sending me emails. Get your act together and PISS OFF! Regards Rebecca Edwards
I got an autoreply, thanking me for my email, how nice of them. The next day the actually wrote back:
Hello Rebecca,
Thankyou for your email. You should receive no further emails from Bendigo Bank Ltd. I apologise for any inconvenience or confusion this email may have caused. If you have any further queries please call us on 1300 366 666 or send a return email. We are available from 8am - 8pm weekdays, 9am - 4pm Saturday and 10am - 4pm Sunday AEST. Thankyou Rachael Online Service Consultant Bendigo OnCall Ph: 1300 366 666 Facsimile: 03 5433 9616 Email: OnCall@bendigobank.com.au Web Site: www.bendigobank.com.au
Now, hopefully the will stop harrassing me, and I can get on with my life. Incase you are wondering why I left Rachael's details on this blog entry, it is for anyone else who is having issues with Bendigo Bank, now you know who to blame. Blog Out HooRoo Bec

6 Comments:

At 7/20/2005 10:26:00 pm, Blogger mj said...

How unusual for a community bank to piss off their members... try a credit union!

 
At 7/21/2005 12:38:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Mikey,
I'm actually now with the ANZ, and things are going swimmingly.
The list of banks I have "dealt" with are, in no particular order:
Bendigo Bank
National
Commonwealth
Bank of Melbourne
Westpac
St George
Teachers Credit Union
State Bank Victoria
Pyramid

All of them have majorly pissed me off in some way, at some stage. I figure in my lifetime, I will go though all the banks. It should be noted though I didn't have an account with Pyramid, they just owe me money for work done for them, money I will never get.
HooRoo
Bec

 
At 7/21/2005 01:57:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep getting e-mails from realestate.com.au and finally the other day I manage to navigate myself to a place where I could unsubscribe, so I got an e-mail from a representative to ask me if I really wanted to unsubscribe hence I reiterated again that yes indeed I did want to unsubscribe... and finally the next day I got an e-mail to say that I was successfully unsubscribed from their boring and annoying e-mails

Guess what was in my inbox two days later? "we have properties for sale in St Kilda"... argh!

350 million cheers to you for standing your ground... you make all of us proud :-)

 
At 7/21/2005 05:02:00 pm, Blogger Huggies said...

I note Rachael's phone number ends in 666. Says it all... Maybe you should give Rachael's phone number to Andy B. I'm sure he needs a date.

 
At 7/21/2005 09:02:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Rachel,
Thanks for the comment. Just to let you know, we have found 5 properties in the range you are looking for. Just click on the link to view these properties.

Hi Mr Huggies,
I'm sure Andy would love to have a date, either with Rachael OR her telephone.

HooRoo
Bec

 
At 7/22/2005 10:50:00 am, Blogger mj said...

That reminds me of the time that I closed my Commonwealth bank account... Except that I won and proudly walked out with my cash, free of banks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO