Wednesday, March 22, 2006

So caught up

Hi Catchy Tunes, and other non elevator music. Forgive me, for I have sinned. Now before you go clicking on another link, or hitting that Back button. No I have not gone all born again on you. No, it is much worse than that. After months of consideration, I finally bit the bullet the other day, crossed over to the dark side and purchased a windoze laptop. Now don't worry, I haven't completely gone insane, and that wont happen. I am still a Mac girl, and I still believe that "once you go Mac, you never go back". But a couple of applications I own, have just never been made for the Mac, and the bastard Bill (you all know the one) just wont let them be made for Mac, because he know they will kick arse. So there I was yesterday, with Comeng (the name I have given the laptop), fresh out of the box, all plugged in and ready to go. I pressed the "on" button, and the pain began. Restart, after restart, after restart, finally it had set the right time zone for me, and decided that I did in fact have a "Human Interface Device" connected, which wouldn't work until I had done a restart. They have the never to call this Plug and Play? It is more like Plug and Pay... with your LIFE! Next was a time to get onto the net, and what is the first thing this laptop does? 'Oh look, I have all of these updates that are fixes for the crap we installed during the building process. I'll just take the next hour or so out of your life to install them, even though you are on broadband.' Then when it is all done..., RESTART! Profanities were flying thick and fast in the direction of Comeng, but as always, it just sat there, with that stupid little window, and the blue light stolen from KITT of Knightrider fame, moving back and fourth. I am not giving in yet, and I wont. I will use it as required, and wonder every time why the world is so caught up in using such a crap operating system? Hang on, I can answer that. It is simple, after all, it is the same reason people eat MacDonalds. It is everywhere, it is always the same, and no matter what you do, you know you are going to pay for it later. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

6 Comments:

At 3/23/2006 12:52:00 am, Blogger Huggies said...

As long as you haven't called your laptop Gonnian.

 
At 3/24/2006 07:44:00 am, Blogger LanternLight said...

Oh, you're a Macintosh user, that explains it!

Welcome to the dark side of computing.... buhaha!

:-)

 
At 3/25/2006 01:42:00 pm, Blogger Deadman said...

Rachy - I thought you'd enjoy this! There's a lexicon at the end of the post if you don't know some of the terms.

http://knockinonthegoldendoor.mu.nu/archives/152656.php

 
At 3/26/2006 03:13:00 am, Blogger Deadman said...

Rachy. Rebecca, I get confused sometimes!

 
At 3/29/2006 12:37:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Mr Huggies,
No chance of that, even if it does run windoze.

Hi Lantern,
Yes, t does explain it. Oh and people don't "use" mac's, we love them, care for them, and marry them.

Hi Sheriff,
Things are settling down now, I guess it is like training a new puppy. Only thing is, a puppy can be trained not to piss on the floor.

Hi Mark,
I'll get around to that lexicon ASAP. Just as soon as I have changed my name to Rachy.

Hi Mark,
I know why you are confused. STOP LOOKING!

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 4/09/2006 11:02:00 am, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Why Computers Sometimes Crash!
by Dr. Seuss.

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, and the bus is interrupted at a very last resort, and the access of the memory makes your floppy disk abort, then the socket packet pocket has an error to report.

If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash, and the double-clicking icon puts your window in the trash, and your data is corrupted cause the index doesn't hash, then your situation's hopeless and your system's gonna crash!
If the label on the cable on the table at your house, says the network is connected to the button on your mouse, but your packets want to tunnel to another protocol, that's repeatedly rejected by the printer down the hall.

And your screen is all distorted by the side effects of gauss, so your icons in the window are as wavy as a souse; then you may as w ell reboot and go out with a bang, 'cuz sure as I'm a poet, the sucker's gonna hang.
When the copy on your floppy's getting sloppy in the disk, and the macro code instructions are causing unnecessary risk, then you'll have to flash the memory and you'll want to RAM your ROM, and then quickly turn off the computer and be sure to tell your Mom!

Well, that certainly clears things up for me. How about you?

Thank you, Bill Gates, for bringing all this into our lives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO