Thursday, March 09, 2006

Best you country

Hi Reversing Beepers, and other non alarm clock sounding devices. Umm, yeah. Sorry about the break, I didn't realise it had been a week since I blogged. Ok, so it is now over a week, but I am getting around to it. Sure I could lie and say I have been working hard on Big Blogger, but I haven't. But don't worry, or maybe do, Big Blogger is coming back. Firstly, a link I was directed to today The Pirate Bay. I don't know anything about this site, I think they are one of those P2P download sites, but their legal letters to and from various places is a bit of fun reading. Anyway on with the show. The Commonwealth Games are hitting Melbourne in less than a week, and we should all be "United By The Moment". But I am not. Instead, I am "Annoyed With All the Advertising". Sure they have to try and flog this dead horse of colonialism, but please, I don't see the need for a special release of Green and Gold deodorants, with the Games logo on it. This blatant money grab stinks, no matter how much Rexonna you use. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the athletes. This is a chance for people from smaller, sometimes third world countries, to prove every four years, that hard work on the track and field, to be the best you country can offer, will give you a chance to defect to a better country. Unfortunately, this time around, the Commonwealth Games are in Australia, so if you do defect, you will spend the next four years in an Immigration Detention Centre, somewhere in the desert, and you will miss the next Commonwealth Games. Melbourne has really changed a lot for the Games. We have slapped on a new coat of paint everywhere, in fact the town has been covered in this kind of whimsical blue, a bit like this colour (local monitors may have to be adjusted to see how bad it is), flags,decorations and prices are going up all over the place, to show how friendly a city we are, and once again, we are proving that if you put two port-a-loo's together, they breed. It has just about become impossible to not see a mobile dunny, we must really be giving the tourists the shits. So if you are coming to Melbourne for the games, enjoy our smiling faces (the organisers handed out free botox), enjoy our fine March weather (yeah, we know it is autumn, but still hitting 40C), and enjoy seeing Gold, Gold Gold! For Australia. Well, it's time for me to go and enjoy a Games altered road network. Maybe I should head down to 7-11 to get my Games Slurpee (15 cents from each sale paid in endorsement fees), so I can cut out the bottom, to use it as a megaphone. Road Rage is always so much more fun when they can hear you shouting. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

3 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 07:09:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes..make sure you do not drive in the GL...is that games lane or gay lane..hmmm, gotta work that one out.LOL. Incurring a fine for doing this could be considered descrimination if you did think it meant gay lane I guess and so they could waver the fine in that respect. But then again, even if the person fined was straight and they were wearing the games official t-shirt, they should be fined any how. Such a G colour it is! HEHE, just being cheeky, go aussi, go aussie..oi, oi, oi!

 
At 3/15/2006 06:39:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Sheriff,
I guess you are only an Orange Shoulder voluteer. You needed to be a Green Shoulder, like Mikey, or pay the extra $1 to upgrade to a large fries and drink too.

Hi Cazzie,
I will certainly be staying well clear of any Gay Lanes, I'm surprised that you know where they are, mmmmm.
I have my own Games Lanes to run on, and i don't have to wear any weird blue shirts to do it. Oh hang on, my work uniform is blue. Dang.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 3/15/2006 08:02:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I was actualy going from Royal Melb Hospital through to the Royal Melb Rehab behind the zoo...to get there I had to drive past the Children's Hospital, I was in the centre lane which happens to be the GL, Games Lane.
Glad they werent in use as yet or I'd have incurred the $165 buck fine. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO