Thursday, March 24, 2005

One Show Only!

Hi Cooking Utensils, and other non-stick things, Well I was a good gril last night, but that is not what this post is about. The thing I was a good girl for is, I let Andy get home and do his post first about the really cool night that was had by all last night. For those of you who don't know, around six months ago, Andy said to me "Hey on Wednesday nights, I do comedy workshops, blah, blah, blah,... want to come along?" So along I went. Now I've been on stage beofre, no issue there, and I have written comedy before, so no issue there. What I hadn't done is combine the two, because of the simple reason, as a stand up comedian, I'm crap. Good thing Improv is different. So last night as we did the workshop, at the end of our session, which was being run by Nigel from The Crew, it is put to us to do a spot that night. Now I didn't really jump at the chance, it was more of a case that I was slow at getting out of the room, and so I agreed, thinking, well it is the first time it has been done, so no matter how crap we (meaning me) are, it will still be fun. The first game we played was titled, "The Die Ron Die", in which you take the song "A Do Ron Ron Ron" and sing about peoples names. If you screw up, everyone in the audience shouts "DIE" and you are out. I was not particularly looking forward to this game, because I suck big time at it. Imagine my surprize when I KICKED ARSE AND WON THE GAME!!! Ok, so that last bit was a bit of an ego trip for me, but I was still the last person standing, which was a shock to all. The next game was called "Party Quirks", where someone is having a party, and they have no idea of who is invited. The party attendees are given suggestions from the audience, and they act that out, hoping the host can work things out. In the game, Andy was the magazine Cosmo, Lue was a Push Up Bra, and I was an online game of chess. Obviously the person who came up with that idea, doesn't get out of the house much. The game went really weel, and wasn't stretch out too much, which was pretty good, given we were doing it for real for the fisrt time, and we got a few laughs, which is an excellent bonus. Finally the night was finished off by by Simon and Rob playing a game called Rollercoaster, where they act out a scene, but have suggestions thrown at them about emotions, accents, and movie genres, as they go along. Their scene was about a Chicken Shop Hospital. I will leave it all up to you to guess what happened from there. So would I do it again? Well unlike the title of this blog entry, I will be back for a return perfomance. If I do it again next week, I'll have the glory, and the right to wear my underpants on the outside, because I will have been a part of an International Comedy Festival act. Blog out, HooRoo Bec PS: This is my first attempt at putting links in a post, I hope it works. Next goal is a photo.

2 Comments:

At 3/24/2005 09:45:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good fun :)

 
At 3/25/2005 06:38:00 pm, Blogger Huggies said...

Hey Bec

What style of comedy is this ? Do they teach the Rodney Rude style of comedy ?

Regards

Huggies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO