Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Try them out

Hi Parking Spaces, and other non time limited zones. Waaaaaaaaayyyyyy back on January 5, I ordered a new pair of glasses. "No problems, they will be ready in about a week." I was told. This was a good thing, because at the time I had a month before I fly out on my holidays. Now "about a week" to me, means anything between five days and ten days, I will maybe even add a day or too if there is a public holiday involved. So don't no one go telling me I am not a fair person. After ten days, I called, to find out that the glaesses were not there yet, but should be there either the next day or the day after that. Every three days I kept calling back, to be told the same thing. Each time I called, I remined them of the fact they told me they would call me in the next day or so, to tell me my glasses were there. I never got any calls. Today I finally cracked it, and went into the shop to find out where my glasses were, and crack it I did. When I got into the shop, I was told they forgot to call me, and that my glasses were there. Finally I thought to myself, no need to worry about them not getting here before I go. Oh sometimes I think too soon.... I put the glasses on, and the arms are the wrong arms. A minor point, but I can deal with that. But as I went to put them on,the store manager told me, "Oh, there is a little scratch on the lens, I tried to get it off, but it wouldn't move." OK, at this point in time, I am getting a little bit pissed off now, but when I put them on, I really blew my top. The "little scratch" was right in the middle of the lens, and a major focal point for my left eye. I tried to look around it, but all I got was glare across the glass. Massive NOT HAPPY JAN* moment this one. The store manager was trying his best to close the sale, but I was having none of that. He suggested to me I take the glasses and try them out for a while, I might get use to the scratch. NO WAY was I having a bar of that, these things are expensive enough, and the last thing I am going to do is wait three weeks to get something that is damaged. They can fix them, and have it done before I go on my holiday. He then tried to tell me they can't do that in time, because there will be new orders they have to do first. By now, I was making a scene, I was having none of this. He on the other hand was still trying to tell me to take the glasses, and see how I went with them over a few days. So, when I got hope, I called the Head Office, and gave them a blast too. The result fro all of this? Well I get to pick up my glasses on Monday, and this time, there better not be a scratch on the lens, because I'm taking with me a Rent-A-Mob group. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca *Not Happy Jan was a local advert for the Yellow Pages, which has become a bit of a cult statement in the land of OZ.

2 Comments:

At 1/27/2006 07:53:00 pm, Blogger LanternLight said...

If the place is in town, count me in for Rent-A-Mob.

Though I'm not sure where I'm going to leave the pitchwork between the gig :-)

 
At 1/28/2006 12:13:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had my eyes tested on a Tuesday. Ordered reading glasses and wrap around sunnies (for riding my bike). They said it would take a week. On Friday of the same week they called me and said both sets were ready. Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO