Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Back to LOL

Hi Consumer Service Centres, and other non press 3 to continue services. This blog entry could have been titled "What I did on my holidays". But that would bring back painful memories of school, where every story had to end in "It was all just a dream". But this was no dream. I have blogged about my friend Sophie before. Sure I could provide you with a link, but I am too lazy to find the post. Sophie is my friend in Perth, and about 18 months ago, when I was going through some tough times, she stood up for me. Back then, she was unknown to me, today I consider her family. Family is a work that has kind of lost it's meaning to many people in modern times. Family is used to describe you fishing/footy mates, by bosses to describe the workers of a company. But really, how many of those people would give you a hug, just because you looked like you needed one? OK, so maybe your footy mates when they got a few beers into them would, but that is a different story. Sophie has really become my older sister. Which is a good thing, because the biological one I had, is kind of no more. She isn't dead as far as I know, but she may as well be non existent, because she is to me. Her choice, she is an adult, and free to make her own choices. It is the same with my former parents. I have no issues there. Each to their own. The first three weeks of my holidays was spent with Sophie, kicking back and relaxing on holiday. When it came time for me to leave her home in Perth, I just didn't want to go. I felt like I was leaving a part of me behind. No more face to face chats for us, it is back to the telephone, back to online messages, back to typing our thoughts and feelings to each other, back to LOL at the end of sentences. We had our times where we stressed each other out, did stuff the other one didn't like, but families do that. Now I am crying as I type this, and I can't remember the next bit I was going to say. OK, it is an hour or so later, and I have completely lost my train of thought. I guess I should just end this post by saying; Thank you Sophie, thank you so much for being there for me. If you ever need me, I am only a phone call, and 3 hours 45 minutes flying time away. Big Hugs for you. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

3 Comments:

At 3/01/2006 12:13:00 am, Blogger Huggies said...

and I'm your dad so please stop crying and go play with your Brother Andy B :)

 
At 3/01/2006 06:58:00 am, Blogger LanternLight said...

A true friend is a rare beasty these days.

All you need in Perth would be a tram museum and a train to drive, and you'd be set.

 
At 3/02/2006 01:43:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya Becc, we are five minutes away and I know that our "little" tribe we have here can be overwhelming..'tis for me at times and I gotta live with them (LOL), but we would be happy to have our shoulders cried on..or indeed, hugged. Cheers to you and we are glad you got a friend/sissy like Sophie.
Cazzie! and Angela...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO