Friday, January 20, 2006

Like playing bunker

Hi Balmy Days, and other non pina colada things. Yesterday, I did something I have not done in years. I went swimming in the ocean. The beach has never been my favourite place, I can't stand sand. I think it stems from having worked on a beach many years ago, or a fear of kitty litter, or I just don't like playing bunker shots in golf. Either way, the sand has turned me from the water. But yesterday was different. I was visiting some friends down in Warrnambool, and it was a stinker of a day, so to the beach we went. Oh the feeling of floating about in the waves, swimming freely, I did not want to get out of the water. If it wasn't for the fact I am so unfit right now, this would have been remotely blogged. In fact, I think I might end this blog entry short and head back down the beach now. Blog Out, HooRoo Rebecca

8 Comments:

At 1/22/2006 01:46:00 pm, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Bec, I hardly recognized ye! Where's the Mitch? Perhaps you're not all moved in yet. I'll come back at a better time.

 
At 1/22/2006 09:15:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch...sand stuck in your bathers and other unmentionable mentionables!!!! Sun and sand...make skin glow!!! Exfoliant...a natural one.
Oh well, back to the waves pool for us sand phobic peoples.
Cazzie

 
At 1/23/2006 11:32:00 pm, Blogger Huggies said...

No sand in the Speedo's ?

 
At 1/24/2006 05:43:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Sheriff,
This heat is getting beyond the joke. Couple it with the Bushfires, and I am not looking forward to Invasion Day.

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
I'm still moving into my new home. I managed to find the box marked "Mitch & Lounge Room Stuff", but I am still looking for those crazy/zany .gif files.

Hi Cazzie
Even after washing my bathers, there was still sand everywhere. With the amount of sand we bring back from the beach every time, it is a wonder there is any left there. It is no wonder the deserts of the world are expanding, it is people emptying out their shoes.

Hi Mr Huggies,
I was there sans Speedos, actually I didn't have bathers on at all. I hadn't planned on going swimming, but the Bike Shorts and Sports Cami, did a good enough job to protect my modesty.

 
At 1/24/2006 05:44:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh I forgot to add,

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 1/26/2006 02:04:00 am, Blogger Amanda said...

all i can say is sharks in water equals ocean freaky and seaweed freaky.

 
At 1/26/2006 08:05:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like beach. Beach is fun. Fun is good.

 
At 1/27/2006 05:01:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Rachy,
The ocean has the same kind of calming effect on me. It makes me feel like I am at the end of the world, and there is no more bullshit in front of me. Problem is, you have to run away from it and head back into the bullshit at some point.

Hi Amanda,
But you also find sharks in a Fish and Chip shop. Are you saying you avoid those places too?

Hi Bree,
You have. Quite a. Way with. Words there. Thank you.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO