Monday, March 28, 2005

Science Experiment

Hi Test Tubers, and others who prefer to drink form a propper glass. Last Wednesday night, I decided to do some experimenting. No animals were hurt, I'm saving that for next time. This was more of a wet run. After finishing up at Comedy for the night, I made my way home full of energy, and decided to try something. Back dating a little, a while ago I got myself a pair of Converse Chuck Taylors. I use to wear these shoes a lot, when I was in my youth, and I thought they would be cool to have again. My issue is the only pair I could get in my size were blue. Needless to say, I didn't wear them too much, as they clashed with everything. So, forward dating a bit, but not up to the current (What the?) the footwear of choice is the Chuck, and after going shopping with Andy a while ago, I thought I would give my Chucks another go. Only hassle, they were still blue, so back on the shelf they went. Anyway (finally) I get to last Wednesday, which by now has become Thursday, because it was so late in the night. I was heading off bush to see some friends for a few days, and I decided to scare the locals by looking like a bit of a circus freak, not hard to do at my height. My choice of clothing required me to wear the Chuck Taylors, but not blue ones. Into a bucket of bleach and hot water, the shoes went. I decided to belach them and see what happened. As long as they were not blue at the end of it all, I would wear them. About 40 minutes later, I pulled the out of the water and I was surprised to see what I saw. To my amazement, the Chucks had turned pink! I couldn't believe my luck, it was the bestest result I could have wished for, my Chucks now ROCK! All I had to do was get them dry for the morning, a challenge, but one that was solved with a hair dryer. So if anyone is thinking about doing the same, I used Home Brand lemon scented bleach. I don't know if the lemon scent makes any difference, but it worked for me. As more adventures unfold with these shoes, I will let you know, until then. Blog Out, HooRoo Bec

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO