Sunday, August 14, 2005

Oh what a Night!

Hi Dustmites, and other non Godzilla like beasts, Well, what a night I had last night. It all started about 1:30 in the afternoon. There I was, getting a lift home from work. Now my options were, catch a train, which is free, for 52mins to the nearest station, then walk the 20mins to my house, or get a lift home with someone, right to my front door, total time 35mins. I went with the latter option. Now I am not someone who makes a very good passenger. It is not that I am some kind of backseat driver, radio hog, or Silent But Deadly farter, it is because I get motion sickness. For me, I have to be in control, there are very few people whom I can ride in a car with, in fact there is two, and not get the feeling of sickness. I'm not talking about being slightly ill here, I am talking about total loss of body control, lots of vomiting, lots of bowel movements, lots of general nastiness. So there I was, getting a lift home, and about 5km from my house, the sensation of motion sickness was hitting, and hitting hard. I wound down the window, asked the driver to slow down a little, even though he was below the speed limit already. We managed to get to my house, I jumped out of the car, as quick as I could, and went all wobbly in the knees, over I go. I get up, very dizzy, and walk to my front door. All I wanted to do, was to get inside and sleep, hoping to ease the pain. I put the key into the front door, and then it happened, I threw up all over my own front door. Now this wasn't just a little spew, I'm talking like from the scene in Team America where he leaves the bar and throws up, then nearly drowns in the pool of green pea soup. So there was my front door freshly painted, and as always happens when I vomit, I got a blood nose, so here I am, trying to get through my front door, with a dripping nose, when I have to, no exceptions, do not pass GO, do not collect $200, have to get to the toilet. The worst part is, my front door is still locked! Forty minutes later, I am finished on the toilet, my nose has stopped bleeding, but my door is still covered in you know what, and that needs cleaning. Even today, I am still getting that horrible taste in my mouth, as I am sure many of you who have managed to read this far are getting as well. So at three o'clock in the afternoon yesterday, I went to bed. A good nap was the order of the day, a chance to clear the mind, and then have an enjoyable evening. Of course, these things never go to plan, what started off as a simple nap, turned into a slightly bigger sleep. Here I am eight o'clock the next morning, having just woken up, blogging about my experience. That is one hell of a sleep, and I'm still feeling like crap. Oh well, I think I might head off to bed for a while, see you all in a week. Blog Out HooRoo Bec

3 Comments:

At 8/14/2005 12:08:00 pm, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Bec,
Is vomit on the door like the anti-welcome mat?

 
At 8/14/2005 02:44:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
No, but it contains more carrots.

Hi Sheriff,
The door got a great little hosing down, I'm so glad it wasn't inspection day on the house.

HooRoo
Bec

 
At 8/22/2005 09:21:00 pm, Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Sucks to be you there, Bec. On the bright side though, by marking your door you avoided the Angel of Death's lesser known co-worker the Angel of Ralph as he stalked the land vomiting upon all the firstborn.

Happy Barfover everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO