Saturday, August 06, 2005

One week at a time

Hi Ghost Gums, and other non evergreen trees, Well it has been a bit of a slow week for me post wise. The reason is, nothing much is happening in my life, except work. Starting at 3am, gives me the freedom during the day to do as I please. As nice as this would be, my time has been taken up with appointments, and nothing fun. About the most exciting thing was reading Parilmentry Bills from 1887-1907, while waiting for an appointment that was pushed back by 3 hours. One thing that has happened is a change in medication for me. Now before the jokes and smartarse comments appear, I'm on a couple of things to help even out a chemical imbalance. With out it, I become very shitty, very tired. Now I use to get this as a tablet, but after a year, the effect was wearing off, so I change over to injections. The injection every couple of weeks, worked well, for six months, but my body has gotten use to and I am getting cranky again. Also my bum was sick of getting jabbed every two weeks, I really hate needles. So, anyway, my doctor says I can go back onto the tablet I was on, or try a different tablet, so I decided to try the red tablet, instead of the beige one I was on. The main difference now is I also take another type of tablet too, and after that extremely long and boring explaination, here is the reason for this blog. I generally don't take tablets with anything to drink, for some reason I find that harder than just swallowing them dry. Now as we all know, tablets taste like crap (not specific crap, just general crap), they leave a yucky taste in your mouth that nothing will get rid of, and this taste lingers with you all day. Then about 2 minutes before you take the next tablet, the taste of the first one goes away. I am sure this is what the pharmaceutical comapnies really spend millions on research to find out. This new tablet, is about 10mm in size, not a tiny little pill by any means, so I wasn't overly looking forward to taking it, but it is better than "Sitty Becky", so down the hatch.

WHAT A SHOCK I WAS IN FOR!
This new tablet, was a pleasent spearmint taste. It was like having a breath mint, not a tablet. The taste was so good, I wanted to take another one, and another, and another, but curse, I'm limited to one a day. I now look forward to taking this tablet. Because it has to be taken after food, I'm using it as my after dinner mint. The other thing about this tablet is it came with a warning. "May cause drowsiness in some people, do not operate machinary if this happens" Mmm, machinary, that is quite a broad term. What the hell do they class as machinary? Doing up your shoelaces could be classed as operating machinary. Floating about in Space to take a lego block out of the bottom of a space shuttle could be classed as operating machinary. Playing a Playstation 2, which I am hoping someone will buy for me, could be classed as operating machinary. Given I drive trains that weigh about 260 ton, I'm curious if they class that as operating machinary. Well if they do, I don't care, I'm not going to let a silly little table get in the way of me doing my job. But I will err on the side of caution and put in a requisition for a pair of pull on boots, after all, I don't want to fall asleep doing up my shoelaces, and end up missing my train. Blog Out HooRoo Bec

5 Comments:

At 8/06/2005 11:26:00 pm, Blogger Bert Ford said...

I like to imbalance my own chemicals.

I can't use needles because my mother told me a story about a needle breaking off in a kid that wiggled too much. Now, needles make me nauseous.

I think being happy & cheerful is over rated. Most of my friends are complete bastards.

Have you considered the possibility that your Dr. has given you a bottle genuine of breath mints as a placebo, and that your attitude enhancement is completely psychological. How's your breath been lately?

 
At 8/06/2005 11:59:00 pm, Blogger Huggies said...

As Trent Reznor from NIN sings "You are the Perfect Drug"

 
At 8/07/2005 03:49:00 am, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Hey Bec,
How you people swallow pills without water is beeeyooooond me. HH does that every morning, he's always been odd.

Let's talk meds. I have to take a potassium pill 3x a day. It is a giant horsepill of torture. I got out the ruler to measure it in mm, because I am an inches kind of gal. It is 20mm long, 10mm wide, and about 8mm thick. This thing starts to dissolve the minute any moisture gets to it. If I can't swallow it on the first try, it is nasty and bitter and chalky. I have to fling my head back to get it down. The alternative to not taking it is that my potassium will be depleted and my heart will stop beating. That's all. I've been to the ER once when it got too low and I didn't know it.

 
At 8/07/2005 08:15:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Bert,
Well that imbalance explains your image a little, lol. I like my bodily chemicals to be in check, but each to their own.

Hi Mr Huggies,
That may e the case, but Judy Garland also sung "Over the Rainbow" and look what happened to her.

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Wow! That is one hell of a horse tablet. I'm also on a potassium pill, but only the one a day. Gee you must be thirsty a lot, and have the associated 4 billion toilet stops to go with it. What about eating more bananas, does that help at all? If you like I'll email you the name (no pill pushing here) in case it is an option for you.
The other stuff I take is due to "engine room" failure. Thankfully someone else catches it in a cup from a horse, then makes it into a nice little pill for me.
When my original pill stopped working, it took a few days to notice the change. But when I tried to climb the wall at work, everyone knew it was time for me to change medication.
HooRoo
Bec

 
At 8/07/2005 12:56:00 pm, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Bec,
To finish out my boring story, I have to take the potassium because of a blood pressure medicine that depletes the potassium, even though it is marketed as a "potassium-sparing" alternative to the other pills. Go figure. I do eat bananas, and potatoes. That just barely keeps me in the "normal" range. I used to have to get a blood test every week until they got the 3 pills a day thing figured out. Good thing I don't have a phobia about them sucking blood out of my arm. And lucky for me that my morning classroom is next to the toilet so I can go every hour. By afternoon I don't have that problem. Hmmm...too much information, perhaps?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO