Sunday, August 07, 2005

Time for a Rant

Hi H2O users, and other non fluid types. Well this blog isn't called Rants of a Rebecca for nothing. Sure I try to keep things fun and light hearted. No mentions about Big Blogger ok, we know it was a disaster, so I've shelved the plans for Blogger Idol. But every now and then, I need a rant, and that is what I am here for today. So sit back, relax, and read while I waffle on. The world's tallest woman is Sandy Allen. She stands anamazing 7' 7/14" tall. That is one woman who would have no hassles getting something off the top shelf. In the world, about 2 percent of all women are over six foot tall, so that is about 130,000 of us all up. Now I am hardly a giant at 6'2", but I can't really get a job as a jockey either. For some reason tonight, while I was down at the supermarket, it was like there was a special on freak-shows, and I was the best selling item! At this point in time, I would like to point out a few things for all the vertically challenged people out there:

  • Climatic change does not occur in a 1-2 foot variance. So don't ask me how the weather is up there.
  • I know, I am tall. I have seen myself in a mirror.
  • If you want something from the top shelf, get the dang thing yourself, I'm hear to shop as well. You don't hear me asking you to get me things from the bottom shelf.
  • It is not great to be this tall, it is a F*(&ing nuisance!
  • I DO NOT play basketball, never have.
  • I don't need you to stand next to me and giggle as you compare heights, you're short
Being tall does have some advantages, but not many. I suffer from poor circulation because of my height. Clothes are always too short, so I can't just go out and buy what I want. Nothing is made for people over 5'8". Benches are too short, shopping trolleys are too short, beds are too short, doorways are too short, everything in this world is designed for midgets. Heck I can't even get a pair of shoes from a "normal" shop, because they only go up to a size ten, and I'm a size thirteen. So the next time you see someone who is taller than you, spare a thought for them, we would do the same, but we can't see you all the way down there. Who is the brainiac that decided that Aloe Vera should be contained in every single product that comes in contact with your skin? I get eczema, not badly, but enough to be annoying. So I decided to get some relief for it, as my last pack of gel ran out about six months ago. As I said, it is not too bad for me. So while I was down at the supermarket, putting on my above mentioned freak show, I grabbed a packet of Eczema Ease, only to find it now comes with soothing Aloe Vera. Bugger. I look around to find another brand, with out Aloe Vera, but nooooo, that would be impossible. Why does this annoy me, you ask? Well I am allergic to Aloe Vera. It burns my skin, and leaves me with red marks, which can last for days. So much for it's all soothing properties! This crap is is in every bloody thing you buy these days. I looked around, and found it is now included in items such as:
  • Toilet Paper
  • Tissues
  • Shampoo
  • Razor Blades
  • Soap
  • Make Up
  • Sun Screen
  • Sun Burn Cream
  • Band-Aids
  • Panty Hose
  • Drinks
Can someone please put out some products that don't have Aloe Vera in them? I'm sure I am not the only person in the world with this problem. Heck all I want to do is blow my nose, have a drink, then go to toilet, wash my hands, shave my armpits, put a band-aid on the cut, apply some make up and sun screen, then put some sun burn cream on the spot I missed yesterday, and wear a pair of panty hose that match my skirt, WITHOUT breaking out into an itchy, burny, bloated, red blimp! Can people learn what ASEXUAL is please. Not a hard word to learn, and it is ok to say it, it is not that naughty. For those of you who don't know, dictionary.com lists Asexual as: Lacking interest in or desire for sex. That is pretty simple, in other words, I'm not interested in your bedroom activities. My reason for asking this, is quite simple. As some of you know, I've been through a lot of shit in the last couple of years. For this, I am in a support group, which is mainly women, but there are some guys there. People here are of all sexual persuasions, whatever floats their boat, is fine with me, but I have no interest in joining them. Now this group meeting today had about a dozen women and three guys there. Two of the women, and two of the guys there, I had never met before. Now I was only there for two hours, and in that time, all four of these people tried hitting on me. Not only that, but two people who I had previously said "Not in your wildest dreams" too, also tried hitting on me again. That is someone every twenty minutes! One of the women who had hit on me before, is already in a relationship with another woman. Again she wanted me to join her and have some "fun". The conversation went along the lines of (fake names used):
Joan: So Bec, when are you going to join Ruth and I for some fun? We've been looking forward to it for some time, but you never return my calls. Bec: Joan, as I have said to you before, I am not interested in doing that ever. You two can have as much fun as you like, and I am happy you have found someone. But I will never join you. Joan: But why not, it would be fun. Bec: I'm asexual, and that kind of thing doesn't interest me. Joan: But so am I, I don't like men either, only women. Bec: Ahh, no, your a lesbian. To be asexual means no sexual desire. Nothing at all, not with women, not with men, not with animals, not with seaweed, nothing, zip, nah-nah, no interest whatsoever. Joan: But it is fun, especially flirting. I was playing pool the other week, in a pair of 4 inch heels, and a few people mentioned the could see I was wearing a G-String as I played my shot. Bec: Joan, if that floats your boat, go for it, enjoy it. But I don't want to hear about it ever! I find it disgusting, and it makes me sick. Now if you want to talk about something, how about getting your mind out of the gutter. I don't want to hear about it. Joan: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe if you joined me sometime, you could see just how much fun you could have.
ARRRRRRRRRRGH!
My point here is, there are nymphomaniacs at one end of the scale, and there are asexual people at the other end, and everything in between. So go out and enjoy what you do to yourself, and with others, but when you hear someone say, not interested, CHANGE SUBJECT! Well that just about does it for me for tonight. I'll make sure my next blog entry is back to fun stuff. I needed my vent, and it felt good to do it. Blog Out HooRoo Bec

6 Comments:

At 8/08/2005 02:04:00 am, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Oh, c'mon Bec. Tell us how you really feel!

 
At 8/08/2005 03:30:00 pm, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Hey, I was your 4900th customer. Do I get a prize, like maybe a little something with aloe vera in it? I loves me some aloe vera, ya know? My son commands me to buy Puffs Plus With Aloe for our tissues. So if you pop in for a visit, don't sneeze or blow your nose.

 
At 8/08/2005 10:59:00 pm, Blogger Huggies said...

Gee I can't imagine how you would have coped say two hundred years ago with all those low doorways e.t.c.

As for the Aloe Vera. I guess we will see Aloe Vera condoms next.

Me and Andy know someone who is Asexual. His name is Jacob Macklin. You can ask Andy about him.

 
At 8/09/2005 02:59:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Misha,
I really wonder sometimes how these people get through their day to day lives. To spend your days picking out things you don't think are "normal" about other people, must be really boring. I bet they get excited about Dr.Phil. Really these people should go out, get a life, and start a blog.

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
I really feel like a donut. I WANT A DONUT! Curse the diet.

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Sorry, there was a prize for being the 3814th visitor, and that went to a Google Spybot. Better luck next time, when we play Random Visitor.

Hi Rachy,
I have to agree with your doctor, but I'm not here to flame you. I'm sure your mother and I have a common bond. We would both like to know where the law is written you have to fit into a set height range to get by in this world. I'm sure she would join me in blowing the place up with a Potassium Bomb.

Hi Mr Huggies,
I have the same problem with the cab doors on the trains here in Melbourne, they are just two inches too short. I think if I was alive 200 years ago, my back would be swooped enough by now, for me to get through any doorway today.
Avoiding Aloe is becoming a real problem for me. Food wise, everything seems to have mushrooms in them these days, great for someone like me who could die from eating them.
I'm just waiting for Aloe Vera Mushrooms to hit the shelves. No need for anything else if I want to top myself. lol

HooRoo
Bec

 
At 8/10/2005 05:38:00 pm, Blogger Bert Ford said...

6'2"
Dang.
As to being hit on. Just tell the offender they aren't good enough. You can do so much better they don't even matter. Usually, they are only hitting to improve their own ego, so being dismissive is the best defense.
But, then again, what do I know?
6'2", really?
Dang.

 
At 8/13/2005 01:48:00 pm, Blogger Shelley said...

I'm only 5'7" and I have issues about everything being built for dwarves. Entire houses. Sinks, benches. The whole lot. Washing up sucks enough without giving you backache as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO