Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What was I thinking

Hi Tinted Windows, and other non heat reflecting devices. Last night, late last night as I was getting annoyed about not being able to speak, I flipped out, but in a good way. I was chatting to my great friend Sophie over in Perth. She was meant to be coming to Melbourne for some work next week, but it has been put on hold. This would have been the first time we had actually met, and we were both looking forward to it greatly. To fill in the background a bit, I haven't known Sophie that long, a bit over a year actually, but she is special to me. You see, the last time I attempted suicide, I was really shunned by a lot of people, and there wasn't that much support to help me. I am very greatful for the help from the few people who did help me, it pulled me through. BUt Sophie was different. Word got around on a couple of internet groups I was on at the time, and Sophie was someone fromone of those groups. Even though she is on the other side of the country, she took time out of her life to find out my phone number, and call me. When she called, I was deeply depressed and not wanting to talk to anyone at all. Most people were just, "this is what you have to do", "you think you have problems, I have problems", or "go get help". I wasn't interested in hearing that shit again and again. Sophie on the other hand, didn't get pissed off with me when I said go away, she stood by me, and helped me out. While it might have just been internet chatting, or the occasional phone call, she has really helped me a lot with my life, which is something she didn't have to do. So last night as I was chatting to her, and finding ut she wouldn't be coming over to Melbourne, I got onto the net, and booked a flight to Perth. For the next few days, I will be enjoying the company of a great friend, and I couldn't be more excited. In fact I have hardly slept at all, and I am giddy and giggling all the time about doing this. To show just how important this journey is to me, I hate flying, and try to avoid it at all costs, but I have a few days off work, and this is well and truly worth it. So until I return, there may not be much blogging going on here, but when I do return, oh the storys I will have to tell you all. Blog Out HooRoo Bec

5 Comments:

At 9/15/2005 08:45:00 am, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Enjoy your visit. I will put my revenge on hold until you return.

 
At 9/15/2005 01:16:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Misha,
Thanks. I'm here in Perth now, and I can't believe it!

Hi Rachy,
Well a slightly eventful journey here, but I am here now. I am all giddy with excitement, and Sophie isn't even at home yet, I've just broken into her house, and I'm using up her internet allowance. :-)

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Thanks to wonderful modern telecommunications, I'm ready for you to bring it on Girl! lol

HooRoo
Bec

 
At 9/18/2005 08:44:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say? Since I have known you Bec, the feelings, the support, and the friendship has been a two-way street. While we may have met through me reaching out to give you support, I was also in need of the same, and what you have done for me by being a special friend has made huge differences in my life.

You have never judged me, or expected anything from me. You've just offered unconditional friendship.

Since you have been here and reminded me of what a true friend is, I have felt my self-worth and belief in myself soar. I owe that to you.

It's been an awesome few days, and yeah, I'm missing you already too babe.

Best friends for life.

Take care.
Love you.
Sophie

 
At 9/18/2005 04:26:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi SJ,
It was a blast, I look forward to doing it again very soon. If only Perth was closer, I would be there every weekend, until they put up a Rebecca Proof Fence.

Hi Sheriff,
Even though this was the first time Sophie and I had see eye to eye (after she stood on a step, lol) it has never felt like an internet/blogger friendship. We just clicked from day one.

HooRoo
Bec

 
At 9/18/2005 04:29:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Sophie,
Thanks for making me cry... again.
I feel like I haven't seen you in ages already.
HooRoo
Bec

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO