Wednesday, November 02, 2005

If they still said no

Hi Spatula's, and other non flat cooking devices. It's hot, bloody hot. So Hillbilly Mom will call me a cry baby because it is only 33C or 91.4F today, but given two days ago, and as it has been for months now, it was only 18C or 64.4F (as you can see, that is the reason why we changed to Celsius, nothing ends in 0.4), the night temperature has jumped form an average of 8C or 46.4F ( again with the 0.4) to last night being 23C or 73 point, you guessed it, FOUR! But that is not the reason for this blogging, and neither is the next bit, it is just me opening myself up for abuse. You see, I've been blogging now for quite a while, in fact, it has been a year. Happy birthday to my blog..... Anyway, as I said, I've been blogging for a while now, and I have had a few people in that time ask me about the name of the blog "Rants of a Rebecca". Why is it named as such? Well, I decided to call it Rants of a Rebecca, because I am not THE Rebecca, I'm just A Rebecca. Then today as I was commenting on someone else's blog, I made a major discovery. Call me slow, but I realised that if I just used the acronym, my blog name is ROAR. How dumb am I? No answers for that one please, I am already kicking myself over all the fun I could have had with that name in the last year. Oh well, I'll learn myself something next time I guess. But still, that is not the reason for this blog entry, this is: For a while now, I have been thinking about putting up a photo of my boys. A photo from the last time I saw them, over a year ago. My reasons for not having put their photo on here before is I respect peoples' privacy. My boys have not given me permission to put their photo here yet, so I feel like I would be doing the wrong thing by them if I did. You see I never went into their bedrooms with out knocking on the door first. If I was putting their clothes away in their drawers, I would ask if I could go in there first. They always said yes, and that I was silly asking, but it was their private space, so it was up to them if I did or didn't. A couple of times, they would say not to go into their room. I would tell them why I wanted to go in, and if they still said no, then I would wait until they would let me. For me this is just common respect for others. I am the same if someone says to me to get something out of their bag for them. I bring the bag to them, and let them get whatever it is out. It is their private property, not mine to go looking through. So the big question remains. Should I put a photo of my kids here on the blog for you all to see, or should I just wait until I eventually see them again to ask if I can? Decisions, decisions. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

4 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 03:11:00 am, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Great googly-moogly, Bec, you'd think you're living on the surface of the sun! Why, back in the day, I've seen it get to 112 F with 85% humidity IN MY FREAKIN' CLASSROOM!!!

Well, I'm sure nobody feels sorry for me, but that was at a school where my room had 4 big windows that overlooked the black tar roof of the gym. The school would not put in air conditioning, but let us buy and bring our own. Yeah, I had two, and that brought it down to about 92 F until afternoon when the sun hit the black roof.

As far as your kid pics...I agree, that is a personal decision that only you can make. I have put up pictures of mine, but nothing where their faces were very clear. I don't think it's so much a matter of their privacy at this age, but a matter of some crazy "Fitty" seeing it. Also, I don't really want people to know who I am for sure, so I don't put any recent pics of myself, either.

 
At 11/03/2005 04:58:00 pm, Blogger Amanda said...

I guess tents wouldn't be so bad but meh, people over seas get the typical "aussie" stuck in thier head, you know bogan style.
Yea its fairly warm today is more humid, as for your kids yea ask them if its ok, cos well anyone can be on the net and maybe they dont want people to look at them. Anywho enjoy the rest of the day!

 
At 11/03/2005 05:26:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Sheriff,
You're right about this heat, I feel like running topless through Fed Square just to cool down, but that would shock a few people. Heck me running fully clothed would shock people.

Hi Korbrakai,
I think all Melbournians would have handled the last few days better if it wasn't such a quick jump into summer.

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Well that is only 44C, I don't know what you are complaining about, at least it was a room with a view. This kind of heat is what people move north for to get, it's a bit too much for Melbourne in Spring.
The picture of the kids thing is a tear jerker for me, but I think I have made up my mind, maybe. As for old pictures of me, that is something no one will ever see, they are far worse than your Christmas pic can ever be, also because they were all burnt by my former parents, there is nothing to see.

Hi Andy,
I've said it before, and I will say it again, you are a tool, and a nice little one at that. :-P
I hear what you say about the copywrite law side of things, but given I use to work in this area, unless you have written approval from the person or persons contained with in the media, you can not use that media for public performance, profit, or charitable causes.

Hi Amanda
Nothing wrong with being bogan, as long as they are all over the east side of the Maribrynong. Yeah, you got it right girl, I'm a fellow westie, and proud of it. Born in Sunshine, raised in Footscray, umm, I'm getting away from the reason for this comment.
I would dearly love to ask my kids if I can put their photo on the net, but I am currently fighting it in court just to see them. Last time I saw them was August 2004. It is a long story.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 11/09/2005 10:40:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Andy,
I know you were, I just wanted to piss you off. After all, you have been avoiding me for weeks.

Hi Sheriff,
Mmm, maybe, you never know. I am sure we can investigate this one some more.

Hi Misha,
No, you have helped Misha, I've decided not to publish the photos, yet.
Speaking of which, if you would like me to remove your photo from my site, just let me know, I am happy to do it.
Oh and BTW, I'll return your laundry soon too. Sorry about that one also.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO