Monday, October 31, 2005

Get some salt water

Hi Brown paper packages, and other non be alert things, Well the other day, I got myself a new camera. It has been a while since I have been behind a real lens, so I thought I would try it out on a few things. Today I went down to the local beach after work, to first of all, get some salt water on my ingrown toenail, and secondly, to take a few photos. This will also be the start of more photos appearing on my blog, so if you are worried about bandwidth, leave now. For those of you still here, here are a couple of pics from tonight.

My local beach is not known for it's surf, or sand, or thankfully litter. Instead we have a lot of crushed shells, seaweed, and foam from the rising tide.
Looking out across the water. This is actually the mouth of the river. Slightly to the right, in the far off distance, but not quite as distant as the sun, is the local mountain range. The range is the only blip on an otherwise open plain of over 300 km's. Bike riders take note, not many gears needed around here. Well they are crappy photos I know, but I will improve. Blog Out HooRoo Bec

3 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 11:05:00 pm, Blogger mj said...

My dial-up connection does not thank you Bec, but they are nice images.

 
At 11/01/2005 06:25:00 am, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Is it windy there? I went to Kansas once, and the wind just about blew the hair off my head. It is very flat, but of course landlocked. I just wondered if coastal area are windy like that.

And do you have many trees on the plain? Probably not, because I guess then it would be called a forest, not a plain. But in Kansas, they use metal poles for fenceposts, not the cedar posts we use around my red neck of the woods. I don't think you guys have many fences over there anyway, do you? As you can see, geography is not one of my strengths.

 
At 11/01/2005 11:56:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Mikey,
Thanks, but please tell me, are you the only person left in Australia on Dial Up? If so, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll include more images soon, and I am tryin to work out how to do a video of my Mikey Bikie riding.

Hi Korbrakai,
I have a few more sunset photos, taken with differnt camera settings. I'll post a few more in the future. Oh and I really must head over and see your blog soon.

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Yes we do get wind here in Australia, also the air blows quite a breeze some times too. Haha, I made a funny.
The photo was taken in a port, but the wind does get up a few legs every now and then. Regarding fences, see the next post.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO