Thursday, October 13, 2005

These little reminders

Hi Mock Cream, and other non buttery goodness. I want to start this post by saying the comments below are not about, nor in relation to, any readers of this blog. I am not having a go at any of you, who have provided much fun and enjoyment during my time as a blogger. In some personality tests, people get given the choice of "Alone on a desert island, or surrounded by friends?" or words to that affect. Well I can tell you all, always go with the latter, being alone sucks. I know, I live it. Being alone is something you get to grow with. It saves you having the need to have people around you all the time, or close at hand, but when you do need other people, being alone means there is no one there, you have to go it alone, and it is a gut wrenching experience. Every now and then, you get these little reminders, things that force it home to you that you are in fact alone, and that support base just isn't there at all. Today is one of those days for me. You see today is my birthday, I'm 31. Last year, I was 30 (no shit Einstein), and it was the first year of me being alone. You feel lethargic, everything is a chore, and a real sense of "What is the point of it all?" closely followed by tears. My only saving grace was an SMS (or text message if you like) from Sophie, and last night, I went out for dinner with 5 people. All up 13 had accepted the invitation, and said they would be there, but then they all dropped off, other plans came up. Hey I put in the ground work, but still, today, the actual day of my birthday, one SMS's. No cards, no phone calls, absolutely no presents. I think the thing that really drives it home, is no calls or anything from any kind of family. Sure we all have people we call family, I'm talking about actual blood relations here, and from them there is nothing. I guess this means that on this day every year, I get to celebrate their confirmation of non existence. Now don't worry, I'm not trying to put all you readers on a guilt trip, wanting you to say how sorry you are, and leave Happy Birthday comments on Rants of a Rebecca, as I said before, this is not about anyone here, I have no issues at all there, all I am doing with this blog entry is expressing some of my feelings, for my own good. One good thing about not having any contact from any "family" is I don't have to return any to them, which means over the next few days, when a few of them have their birthdays, I wont have to waste money on phone calls, or cards, or presents. I can just get on with my day, as though nothing has happened. I guess that is some sort of saving grace for me. So for now, I'm just going to curl up into a ball on the couch and hum happy birthday to myself, let the tears fall, and get on with tomorrow. Blog Out HooRoo Bec

2 Comments:

At 10/14/2005 09:37:00 am, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

AWWWWWW....My #2 son would loan you his Little Bear for a night if he could. Even though his fur is almost worn off by now, he is a good listener and a good snuggler and will keep your secrets.(The Little Bear, not my son.)

Here's the bright side. At least you're only 31. And I have been 31 for several years now.

A Big Ol' Late Hillbilly Happy Birthday To You! I know you don't want me to sing it. (I'm much better singing in the car, actually.)

 
At 10/15/2005 08:27:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Sheriff,
Thanks for the offer, but if the drink you are offering is anything other than orange juice or water, then thanks but no thanks. :-)

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Thanks for the offer, but I have my cows to keep me company, your son can keep his Little Bear, and you can keep your son.
I try to look on the bright side of 31, but alas, my days of being 30 are behind me, and I am now counting down to 40. I look forward to the Hillbilly Car Songs DVD for the big Four Oh.

Hi Misha,
Well Andy did offer to do the stripping thing, thankfully I can run a lot faster than him, so I got away in time. You are right about finding out who gives a shit, it gives me a chance to clear a lot of room from the stored numbers on my phone.

HooRoo
Bec

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO