Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Out popped this sucker

Hi Ballarat Road, and other non arterial highways. Well it is finally done. My ingrown toenail has been removed, and I am feeling much better now, except for the fever and pain that is. I'm thinking that Hillbilly Mom and I might have a bit of a connection, when it comes to anesthetic. You see, she recently woke up during surgery (I think it was to remove her humourous gland), and could remember everything that was being said. Now my toe was just a local anesthetic, a simple case of two needles into, one each into either side of the base of the toe, wait five minutes and then the hacking takes place. But no, not with me. After 40 minutes, and ten injections, I could still feel the toe, full sensation, no effect whatsoever from the anesthetic. The doctor told me I might need to have a full anesthetic, because that was as much as he could possibly give me. No way to that I said, I'll put up with the pain, start cutting.

A few minutes later, out popped this sucker. He said it was one of the worst examples of an ingrown toe he had ever seen. While it doesn't show up to clearly in the photo, what was happening was about the top third, or about 7 millimetres was actually curving under the inside of the end of my toe. Every time I walked, with each step I took, I was actually walking on the toe nail, no wonder it hurt so much. The doctor made a real nice job of cutting it out and took no short cuts. I know this for a fact because I watched the entire thing happen. After the nail was removed that wasn't the end of it though, the base of the nail still had to be burnt out, and everything pulled together so that the toe had a nice edge. While I was having this removed, the doctor made use of the semi numb toe, to also remove a wart I had. This wart had actually been burnt off about 4 times before, but like Steve Guttenburg, kept coming back to haunt. Hopefully this time, the wart will be gone for good.

Now that the nail is out, it is off enjoying the freedom it now has. As quick as a flash, it was out there, soaking up it's new found fame, and cashing in on anything it possibly can. Proof of which can bee seen in the next photo, where the toenail makes a guest appearance in the new Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Half-cut Toe Nail.
Yeah, I know, it is a really bad joke, but I couldn't find any decent photos of Paris Hilton to put the toe with, so I had to go for something else with a lot of international fame. Well I now have a couple of days off work, so that I can recover. While I was doing that, I thought I might go raid visit Hillmomba. I'll be back soon. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

2 Comments:

At 11/23/2005 09:33:00 am, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

EEEEEEEEEE!!!! I don't know which is more frightening: the sight of that toenail, or the thought of Rebecca visiting Hillmomba. Excuse me...I must go lock up my kingdom.

 
At 11/25/2005 09:20:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Too late, I've already visited. As soon as the film comes back from the developers, I'll be posting all about it.
HooRoo
Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO