Friday, January 06, 2006

Prime Wednesday lunch

Hi Stray Cats, and other non three chord bands. I was in a chat room today (gosh horror!), now before you go asking, I wont name it, there are millions of them out there, you will never find me. This room is just silly chat, but it is a good pep me up when I need one. Anyway, just about any kind of comment goes there, as long as it is in context. The moderators do a good job, I have to give them a plug, because after all I am one of them. As I was saying, just about any comment goes, but today, for some reason, I was told I over stepped the mark. Let me paint the picture for you..... There was a lull in the chat, so one of the chatters used an audio sample from the movie War Games, which says "Would you like to play a game?" So people started asking what kind of game, and the game "Twister" was raised. Someone then joked, "Naked or Original". To which I replied "How about we spice things up and play the Cerebral Palsy version?" At this point in time, I was put on a one minute ban. Now I am not having a go at people who have Cerebral Palsy, I think they are great people. Heck, when I was in school a guy who use to have quite a bad case of CP and he wanted a slot on the school radio, which I ran. He got the prime Wednesday lunch spot and was one of our best DJ's. Sure his back announcing of songs left you wondering a bit, but he was great. All I thought was it would be great to play Twister with people who have motor neurological issues, not to take the piss out of them, but for the sheer fun of the moment. Now if I had said NAKED Cerebral Palsy Twister, I could understand being thrown out of the room. Just a random comment for today. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

3 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 10:09:00 am, Blogger TimT said...

Lol, you could be in my chat group anyday. (Not that I have a chat group, but theoretically speaking, you could be in my hypothetical chat group. Definitely.)

 
At 1/07/2006 05:56:00 pm, Blogger Huggies said...

Was this chat room called the "Cerebral Palsy support" ???

 
At 1/09/2006 08:46:00 pm, Blogger LanternLight said...

Seen in today's MX:
"C'mon, let's twist again and enjoy this summer"
... The Summer Fun in the City program gives workers the chance to play Twister...
see here for further details:
www.thatsmelbourne.com.au

Indeed, everything comes to she who waits...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO