Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Five minutes of mindless

Hi Air Guitars, and other non Zen items. Overtune, light the lights, this is it..... My first ever stand up comedy gig is coming up in a few weeks, January 11, 2006 to be exact, and I worried. I have no routine worked out, and since booking this gig a couple of months ago now, I've only written five jokes, which are not topical. One thing that really helped last night (actually it was two nights ago, but I had to blog about THE letter), is I worked out my opening and closing jokes. All I have to do now is work out enough jokes to fill in the other 4mintues and 30 seconds of my 5 mintue spot. Writing jokes is nothing new to me, I've been doing it for years, but everything has always been either topical, or an "in" joke amongst friends. This is writing for an audience who don't know me, and it is a bit of a freak out. I am sure by now, a few of you are wondering what my jokes are, but I wont tell them here..., yet. You will all just have to wait until after the gig, or to turn up to the gig to find out. If you want to know where the gig is, just pop a letter into Mitch, and I will let you know. Heck, maybe my mystery stalker will find it in him to make up a g-mail addy, or something else that he can't be tracked by, seeing as though he likes to stay anon, and I can let him know. Mmmm, maybe I shouldn't have written that last bit, I might be giving him idea's. Anyway, if you are looking for five minutes of mindless "entertainment", concerning such subjects as homeless people, train announcements, the Commonwealth games, and carjacking, just let me know. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

8 Comments:

At 12/21/2005 08:35:00 pm, Blogger LanternLight said...

Knock 'em dead!

 
At 12/22/2005 07:41:00 am, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Tell your audience of our strange custom of 2nd grade teachers giving each child a "whacker" because the whackers are just sitting there, they're not needed anymore, and the kids can even take TWO if it's for a brother or sister. That might get their attention.

 
At 12/22/2005 08:21:00 am, Blogger Huggies said...

Here is an idea. What do you get when you cross a Tram Driver with a Goat? I will let you figure out the rest ;) .

 
At 12/22/2005 02:51:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12/22/2005 04:12:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Misha,
Thanks for that. I will make sure there is an empty seat down the front, just for you, incase you turn up. Actually I don't think I will need to "reserve" it for you, I think there will be plenty of them.

Hi Lantern,
I'll try to, but I will be sure to not hit your lantern, I'd hate for you to not be able to see in the dark.

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
All I would have to say is "Only in America" and I would have them rolling in the aisles with laughter.

Hi Mr Huggies,
Mmm, Mmm, Mmm, I have no idea. Maybe Andy could answer that one for me.

Hi Anon,
As you can see, your comment has been deleted. Don't worry though, I have printed it out, and will have it there for the judge to see, when I get my day in court. I really don't know why you bother with all this anger, all it is doing is harming the children. Let them get on with their lives and stop trying to infect their minds with crap. It is you that needs the help, you really do.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 12/23/2005 08:22:00 am, Blogger LanternLight said...

It's a small lantern, which I keep well covered :-).

 
At 12/23/2005 10:09:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you possibly do a joke along the lines of people's recurring New Year's resolutions? That would be a croud killer with the laughs...people seem to always make the same resolutions each year and tend to break them within the very hour the clock struck 12. Like..."I will never smoke, drink or say F#@K again"..and then they trip over the next drunk lying on the bar room floor, drink in hand, swearing..dropping their smoke on the drunk on the floor..igniting them in flames and shouting F#@K!! Auld Lang Syne!

 
At 12/23/2005 01:01:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was about to sign off and the comment automatically was set to ur blogg, that's me above...Cazzie.
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO