Saturday, July 29, 2006

Shadow angles, it

Hi Bed Crumbs, and other non Bert objects. Well guys, I am sorry to say, I forgot to take my camera to hockey. But don't worry, I had my mobile phone there, so I still got some photos of me as a goalie. Seeing as though, I had to transfer them to the computer, I decided to clear out the memory from my phone while I was at it. So now I will present a section of images from my phone.

Me with all the gear on. It was after the game, and I couldn't be bothered walking back to the goals for the photo to be taken.
And to prove it was me, here I am with out the helmet on.
Taken a few years ago now, my son Adrian eats a banana, this was back in the days before they were more expensive than buying your first home.
One of me after having had professional make up done. I pulled out my 500 Watt light to try and get some interesting shadow angles, it didn't really work. I had the make up done because the woman who did it was doing her exams for make up and needed a model. It was a fun day.
A couple from the last time I saw my kids. Adrian playing around and having fun, Zachary just happy to have a box to play in. I think he was being a bulldozer in this photo, hence the sound effect lips.
Zachary just being Zachary. Despite everything this kid has been through in his life, a smile was hard to not find on his face.
Some autumn leaves. I intended to use this as a desktop, but I hadn't set my camera to a high enough resolution, so it just didn't work out. The Chupa Chup photo is one of the first I took with the phone. Nice price rollback there Safeway Supermarkets.
Adrian at a partially completed MCG. This was during an AFL game, and shows the new Northern Stand Being built, we were sitting in the Olympic Stand, which is now long gone.
A couple of silly photos. My friend got a unicycle from his wife for his birthday. A note to everyone, that trying to ride a unicycle in a skirt and heels is a very bad idea. The look on my face says it all. The second photo shows what some people think of the tram system in Melbourne. I tend to agree, it should be protected.
Adrian playing, Zachary contemplating. I think Adrian is wondering what he will play on next. I think Zachary is wondering how long it will be before he gets to eat again.
Not one by me. This is a promotional photo from the 1970s for the new Hitachi trains, and the prototype PCC1041 tram. The trains are still running in service to this day, but their days are very numbered now, we only have about 6 left, and they are restricted in what services they can do. The tram is now in the Hawthorn Museum, striped of many of its parts so it will never run again. The design was used as the base design for the Z class trams.
A sign from Perth. If they know what the car thief looks like, then why not just arrest the guy? As for the Mullet Wig, I saw this in a shop in Melbourne. The funny thing is, the suburb where the photo was taken, has more people with mullets per capita than anywhere else on earth.
One of me having just had my hair cut and coloured. At this point in time I was still waiting on my good glasses to be repaired. The ones I am wearing I hate to high heavens, but at least I could see. I had to look my best for the events of the next few days. The second photo is a few days after the events of the next few days. I was recovering in hospital after some minor surgery back in February this year. I had to take the photo to prove to the person I was talking to on the phone that I was ok. Gee I hated those pyjamas.
Zachary playing in the great outdoors. This was about a year after he had broken his collar bone, doing just this in a playground. There is no stopping this kid. No wonder his nickname was Mr Independent. The other photo is the Spud Train in Warrnambool. While I have never driven this train, I can recommend their potatoes, well worth the drive. Well there you all have it. That should be enough photos to last everyone for another year. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

20 Comments:

At 7/30/2006 08:02:00 am, Blogger Deadman said...

No, never enough!!!

;o)>

 
At 7/30/2006 09:25:00 am, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Hmm...that hospital recovery pic makes me think you got the good drugs, not the fake Vicodin.

 
At 7/31/2006 12:01:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Mark,
You have more than had your share, and you know it. What next for you, the x-rays?

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Actually I was not taking anything at the time. They kept offering me pain killers, but I didn't need them. There was a lot less pain after the surgery, and more of a nice warm glowing feeling about me.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 7/31/2006 10:27:00 am, Blogger LanternLight said...

Cute kids :-)

I think you look like a pixie in "bechospitalsmall".

How do you fit all that hockey stuff on the bike? A Gearsack can only hold so much...

 
At 7/31/2006 10:27:00 am, Blogger Huggies said...

Hitachi's you gotta love them hehehe ;) .

 
At 7/31/2006 03:41:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Lantern,
Thanks. Hopefully I can get an updated picture of them real soon.

Not sure if I look like a Pixie, but I know I was happy to be there. I love hospital food.

As for fitting all the gear on the bike, there is no need to. When I do have to 'keep (and those duties should be finished for the rest of the season), either someone else carries it, or I have played at home.

Hi Mr Huggies,
If you like them so much, you can have them! I still remember having to ride on a diesel hauled service for the trian into work each day from Morningside, and that was 1996.
HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 7/31/2006 04:21:00 pm, Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

I'm with the rest of the peanut gallery. That hospital picture definitely looks like you're up to something. And it's a wonder you're not getting marriage proposals on a daily basis now that we all know how fetching you look with a mullet and beard stubble...

 
At 8/01/2006 02:57:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll add my thanks for the pictures!!! Pretty cute young lady you are, and those kids!! Just amazing.

How heavy is all that gear? I can see why you would basically just growl at someone who suggested going back to the goal for another picture.

One small request... we've seen the trains you don't drive, can those of us who can't just sort of drop by Melbourne have one of the trains you're currently driving?

 
At 8/01/2006 09:53:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... what's an MCG, partial or otherwise?

 
At 8/01/2006 10:04:00 am, Blogger LanternLight said...

"Well there you all have it. That should be enough photos to last everyone for another year."
&
can those of us who can't just sort of drop by Melbourne have one of the trains you're currently driving?

The audience has spoken, Rebecca Train Photos!!!

(then again, some of the audience might have voted for the Silver-haired Bodgie ...)

 
At 8/01/2006 12:00:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Stewed Hamm,
I was up to something in that picture..., recovering from surgery. :-P

As for the Mullet Photo, I think the guy looks a bit like David Spade.

Hi Tom,
These days the gear is pretty light. All up, it would only be about 5-10 kilograms at the most. It is just bulky which makes running hard, if you don't know how to do it.

As for the trains I do drive, I will see what I can do for you.

Oh and thanks for calling me young. :-)

As for what is an MCG, there is only one MCG, the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Calling it the MCG is to use it's long name. The world over it is simply known as the "G".

Hi Lantern,
The audience may have voted, but I never held a poll. More photos of things will be published soon.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 8/01/2006 03:44:00 pm, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Very cute pics of the kids :)
Hillarious the one of the Mullet Man :)

 
At 8/02/2006 12:49:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "G"... I like that. And thanks for considering the photo request!

I have a bunch of questions about hockey, but maybe those are better done elsewhere, to keep the others from getting restless... :)

 
At 8/02/2006 08:30:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mixing obo gear with crappy mazon gear?

 
At 8/03/2006 01:43:00 am, Blogger Lucy said...

Helli! You are every time cool!!
And I think tram is nice for earth enviroment. By the way, what is "HooRoo". I asked my Canadian friend about it. He said, " I don't know. You should ask her direct."
And one more thing, who is he?
He is opening his mouth and closing his mouth on your blog.

 
At 8/04/2006 08:06:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Tom,
Ask all the questions you like. If you can bulk send them, I will dedicate a post just to answering the questions.

Hi Dr Evil,
Yeah I know, shame on me. It is something worthy of a red card. The simple fact is, except for the top and the protector, none of the gear is mine. I just fill in as a goalie, so forking out over $2,000 on new gear can't be justified. If I go back to doing it full time,then I will get gear.

Hi Lucy,
Yeah trams are cool. I also work at the Tram Museum here in Melbourne, and in Sydney when I am there.
HooRoo is an Australian expression meaning "see you later", "have a nice day", "good-bye" all rolled into one. I don't like the way society is becoming uncultured to it's past, through the Americanisms we see on television. This is nothing against Americans, but this is Australia, not a state of the USA. Use of words like HooRoo, Strewth, and Bonza, help to keep some of the Australian culture in use.

As for the guy opening his moth. His name is Mitch. I found his photo on the net, and thought it would make a good mail box. If you click on his face, it will open up an email client.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 8/04/2006 09:52:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?!? Australia is not part of the US? I'll have to speak to W about that.

Wow... $2000 for gear for one goalkeeper! My senior year in college the entire budget for the season for our soccer team was $6000.

 
At 8/04/2006 02:39:00 pm, Blogger Deadman said...

"What next for you, the x-rays?"

Sure, yeah, okay. I'll take whatever I can get at this point!

 
At 8/05/2006 12:45:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Banned" photos? Boo hoo...

 
At 8/05/2006 11:19:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Tom,
Yes, please speak to W about it. First he will what Australia is, then wonder why he hasn't bombed it yet. Oh, and don't forget to tell him we also produce oil, that will keep him happy.

Being a goalie is expensive business. Gear usually needs to be replaced every 2-3 seasons too. It's a lot of money to throw your body at a little ball.

Hi Mark,
I'll see if I can find any of my old x-rays for you then. I know there are a lot of them.

Hi Tom,
Yep, banned photos. Turns out I was in breach of the Family Law Act in publishing photos of my children, because they are currently involved in a Family Law Court case.
By telling you that, I might have just breached the Act again, I guess I will find out soon.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO