Sunday, July 23, 2006

Worry there is

Aren't human beings a funny thing? I don't know why anyone would ever want to be one, but as my motto says, "Each To Their Own". Over the last few days I have overheard some wonderful acts of foot in mouth, and been involved in one myself. I will go in order of events, which means I get to embarrass myself first. On Friday night I was having dinner with a girlfriend of mine. As we waited for our meals, we were flicking through the newspapers there, and I started reading the Personals section. Now it is not that I am looking for anyone, I just find these things funny. As I read one of the ads, I realised I had misread it, and pissed myself laughing, my friend, lets call her Lisa (not her real name) asked me what was so funny. This is how events went from there. Me: I was reading this personals ad, this is what I thought it said, "30yo woman, with a gash, looking...." But after reading it again, I realised it was actually gsoh. Lisa: [laughing]: You are such an idiot sometimes. Why would someone advertise that? Me: [laughing harder]: I know, I misread it, but it is funnier this way. Here, see it for yourself, it does look like that. I handed the paper to Lisa, and she went bright red. I asked her what was up, and she replied. "This is my ad. I put it in there." Now guess who was going red. The second one happened on Saturday night at Hockey. I went along to support one of our teams, who were playing a bit short of players that night. One of the girls watching the game said she would play, as much as her mother didn't want it to happen, give in this girl is 18 weeks pregnant at the moment. One of the other players there asked: Other Player: So how did all this happen? Mother: Well the stupid bitch slept with her dead beat boyfriend, and low and behold she got up the duff. So now that dead beat has done a runner, she has to bring the kid up on her own. Other player: Oh I was just wondering why the team was short actually. The third one happened after my game on Sunday, where I had a clean sheet as a goalie. Sorry guys, there are no photos yet, I forgot to take my camera. But don't worry, I am in goals again next week, so I will make sure I have my camera there. Anyway, these two women had been chatting for most of the game, when one said to the other: One: I was up the snow last weekend, and there was this bunch of guys trying to pick up this girl. She was good looking and all that, but it was so obvious she was a transsexual. Two: Oh yeah, how do you know that, I mean what made it so obvious? One: Well I can pick them a mile away. Those people really stand out, I don't know how they think people don't know. Two: So if someone like that was say, standing next to you, you would know? One: Absolutely, in an instant, it is always so obvious. I mean these guys couldn't pick it, but I always can. Two: Oh, that is interesting, because I had that surgery a few months ago. One: No way, that's impossible, you're not a freak. The others there all turned to One and agreed with what Two had said. One sudden had to leave for some reason. To finish things off, another one from Saturday night. One of the young girls playing on the Saturday night, came back to where we were all sitting, with the following statement. "There is a guy down there, and he is like, you know, a real pervert. He has mxymatosis in his eye, and you all know how he got that like." The older ones of us there looked at her puzzled and enquired how. She rolled her eyes and said, "He got it having sex with rabbits, that's the only way you can get it like." So all in all, an interesting weekend. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

10 Comments:

At 7/24/2006 03:55:00 am, Blogger Deadman said...

FPML!

But what the fuck is a GSOH?

GAY STUPID OLD HUSBAND???

And what's her number????

 
At 7/24/2006 09:33:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Mark,
GSOH means good sense of humour. As for her number, well you are not the type of person she was lookng for in the ad.
HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 7/24/2006 11:02:00 am, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Moral of the story is....mind what you say and whom you say it to or you may just be eating chopped liver for tea!!! People who talk about other people just plain don't have a life now do they?

 
At 7/24/2006 12:16:00 pm, Blogger Deadman said...

What the fuck does that mean??? I have a good sense of humour, and a hell of a lot more to offer than most guys in other departments, if yer pickin' up what I'm layin' down!!!

 
At 7/24/2006 07:25:00 pm, Blogger LanternLight said...

Me: I was reading this personals ad, this is what I thought it said, "30yo woman, with a gash, looking...." But after reading it again, I realised it was actually gsoh.

Well at least for her name isn't Tassie either. ;-)

One: Absolutely, in an instant, it is always so obvious. I mean these guys couldn't pick it, but I always can.

I'd disagree with that.

On occasion, a group of us after night shift would go to 3 Faces to see the drag show.

None of the red-blooded males in the group picked that the most stunning ""female"" performer was male.

 
At 7/24/2006 11:05:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Cazzie,
People who talk about other people just plain don't have a life now do they?

You are right there. Instead of having a life, they are employed where I work.

Hi Mark,
I'm picking up what you are laying down, but I don't think you are reading between the lines enough.

Hi Lantern,
Umm Tassie??? :-S

How could they not know about the performers at 3Faces? I mean c'mon, it is a drag club after all.
That reminds me, many years ago I did some AudioVisual work for the guy who owned the club, or rather his alter ego Lulu Monsoon. He spent over $30,000 just for a party in his backyard, complete with fireworks, laser show and a stage built over his swimming pool. It was all way over the top, but gee he knew how to throw a party.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 7/25/2006 01:03:00 am, Blogger LanternLight said...

Tassie, as in map of....

*sheeshhhhh*

How could they not know about the performers at 3Faces? I mean c'mon, it is a drag club after all.

I'm only telling it how it was.
It's the only nightclub-type place I've been in which wasn't a sleazy dive.

He spent over $30,000 just for a party in his backyard, complete with fireworks

Figures, 3 Faces must have been rolling in cash.

 
At 7/25/2006 02:09:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet the A/V work was spectacular too!

 
At 7/25/2006 06:44:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Lantern,
It is the absence of a correctly placed comma, which make the statement difficult to read, that's all. I was just trying to work out the context in which you were talking.

If you think that 3Faces isn't a sleazy dive, or as it is now known The (meat) Market, I guess you don't get out much. I've never been to a nightclub for entertainment, only to work, and I really don't see the interest in the places.

I would say there was a fair bit of income in the place. Not sure how much was over or under the counter, but hey, someone has to make it. :-)

Hi Tom,
It was just another job for me. Too many cues, to many people wanting changes at the last minute, with no idea what they were talking about. I'm glad to be out of that kind of work.

Hi Andy,
I'm pretty sure she has one. Not that I have ever seen it, but it would be a given I would say in her case.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 7/25/2006 11:23:00 am, Blogger LanternLight said...

If you think that 3Faces isn't a sleazy dive, or as it is now known The (meat) Market,

I've been dragged along to some sleazy dives, and it wasn't in comparsion.

Worst sleazy dive I've been in?
Probably the lapdance club in Denver, I was told we were just going to a nightclub for a quiet drink...

No, I don't get around much anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO