Thursday, August 18, 2005

Answering the call

Hi Ecoplasma, and other non biological things. Recently the ever popular Hillbilly Mom, embarrassed herself by saying she like to sing along to the stereo in the car. You can read about it all on her blog, Redneck Review. So I set the challenge to her, give me any song at all, and I will sing it. I am now proud to say, that I have met her challenge, face on, and failed to the highest nth degree. In other words I really sucked! There is no way I would make the final 3 million of Pop Idol with this effort. Compliments should go out to Hillbilly Mom, who did her research, and came up with a very, very hard showtune, from the film Norma Rae. It is a kind of country ballard, in a key I can not hit, but she didn't just go for any part of the song, she went for the powerful second verse. I'm quite happy to say, I haven't done any singing for about two years, and the old vocal chords are not what they use to be, but I am not making excuses. Recording this into the webcam on my computer, this is me, in the raw, vocal wise. In the raw flesh wise, is something I will never put you all through. It took me no less than 20 tries to get it to sound this average, and it is shockingly bad. Great effort Hillbilly Mom, my hat goes off to you for setting the standard so high. Oh and if you are wondering what the tappng is you can hear, being a showtune, the tempo changes as much as the pitch, so I had to tap along with the drumsticks to get the beat right, which also showed me just how bad my drumming has become. So I guess now, you all want to hear what the pathetic effort sounds like. Well if you have a spare 500kb to waste, just click on the link below.

gl1.mp3
Blog Out HooRoo Bec

3 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 01:42:00 pm, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Bravo, Bec!

I applaud your efforts!. It is not a very easy song to sing, especially if you have not heard it about 6 times like I have. I said I would try to put my voice on my blog, but I didn't promise my so-called singing. I must emphasize, I am only a car singer. But I will try some talking when I can get to it this weekend.

Do not consider that you've failed. Some Olympic guy had a saying and I think wrote a book or something like "It's not the triumph, but the struggle." I think you have struggled remarkably well. Give yourself a pat on the back, but don't break your nose doing it.

 
At 8/19/2005 10:38:00 am, Blogger Bert Ford said...

I down loaded & listened.
You still look pretty good in glasses.

 
At 8/19/2005 10:45:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Thanks coach, but better leave me on the bench this half of the game, we don't want to loose the championship.

Hi Bert,
Such a back handed compliment, but one that is oh so deserving. Thanks.
HooRoo
Bec

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO