Saturday, August 20, 2005

Bring it on home to me, yeah, [yeah], yeah....

Hi 4/4 Accent on the Third, and other non musical terms. Ok, so I live on my own, I know that, you all know that, if you didn't know already, no need to advertise the fact. There is no significant other in my life, no one to warm my bed, and thankfully no one to give me a Dutch Oven when I sleep in on a cold winter's day. So why is it some people feel the need to drive it home, that you are on your own? What I am talking about is invitations. You know those things that you get all excited about, until you read them, and see those two special words "and Guest". At that moment in time, instead of this being a special occasion for someone else, it turns into a stab in the heart for you. Someone who thinks dearly of you, finds you important, wants you to share a special occasion with you, thinks that it is ok if you bring someone along, doesn't matter who, just someone. What they are saying is "We sort of have to invite you, but we don't really know you, so it might be a good idea if you bring someone with you, so you have someone to talk to, because really, at the end of the day, we don't really want you here." Now, I am not being shitty about things, I'm just telling it like it is. You see the other day I got a letter from the Blood Bank, well not so much a letter, more of an invitation. You see, I recently donated blood, well more precisely plasma, for the 150th time. For this I get a nice little medal, made of silver, with 150 written all over it. On the invitation it had written just like this:

REBECCA EDWARDS & guest We invite you for a two hour event, with supper provided. If you can not attend this function, we will mail your award to you.
Now hang on a second, see what they have tacked onto the end? & guest. It isn't even in the same size font, and they didn't even bother to use the whole word 'and' just that stupid symbol that looks a bit like the San Serif version of what Prince called himself for a while! To top it all off, they don't really want me there, they just felt like the had to invite me, but heck, they are happy to save on the cucumber sandwiches, and just mail the dang thing out to me. So instead, what I am going to do, is attend, and I am taking a heap of people with me, not just one guest, but many. When they call me to find out if I am attending, I'm going to say sure, and I have a guest. When they ask "Who?" I'll simply say, "The Beclakia Olympic team, all 1743 athletes." I hope they make enough sandwiches, or there will be trouble! Blog Out HooRoo Bec

2 Comments:

At 8/20/2005 09:21:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Sheriff,
Dang you were quick. I think thos blog would have been online for a nano second before you commented.
If all goes well, I should get to 1000 before they force me to stop donating, I'll blog it if it happens.
HooRoo
Bec

 
At 8/23/2005 11:14:00 am, Blogger Huggies said...

I think they want your guests blood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO