Friday, August 19, 2005

Nation of Beclakia (Updated)

Hi Wrist Watch, and other no lispy words. Well I decided while having my morning shower, to start my on nation. I knew I had a short shift today at work, and I needed something to fill in the afternoon, so I am building my own country. Now I haven't decided where to base this country yet, rental prices are quite high for property in my preferred area right now, so I might have to wait, but that wont stop me from making a few laws. After the shower, I dried myself, then held the elections. For some reason, I couldn't get the chad to press out right on my voting card, so that was a informal vote, but I still won the election to be the first President of Beclakia, then I remembered to dry between my toes. Currency was the first bill to put through parliment. I decided to base the Quimble (our version of the dollar) on world oil prices. Because of that, one Quimble is equal to about US$65, not a bad starting rate, it also means petrol is quite cheap for us Beclakians. A version of cents was voted against. Therefore all prices will be rounded up to the next Quimble. Sure getting a Sonic Diet Cola with a Cherry will be expensive, but Cars are very cheap to buy. It all works ou tin the end. A national dialect was decided, and English lost. Instead, it will be a mix of Beat Poetry, Horse Race calling, and Oprah Winfrey. This will confuse vistors to the country, but it means we can poke fun at them, behind their back, or even straight to their faces. After the dialect was decided, a national anthem was written, it goes a little bit like this:

Here in our land of Cheese and Grout, We deck the halls with bells and sand. Hey, where is my coffee I ordered, Ooooh, nice buttons. You've dialled the wrong fish, Don't go there girlfriend, Go you good thing, Welcome to our tree.
Now I know it may not make much sense, but this is part of our ploy for the Olympic Games. It wont matter what national anthem is being played, if we sing this, our teams will look like we have one every event when our athletes take to the podium, after kidnapping the real winners. Our court system will be the the most efficient in the world, with all cases decided by a game of Paper, Rock, Scissors. If someone loses their case, they can appeal the decision, by challenging to a best out of three decider. Well that is about all for now from the Nation of Beclakia, we'll keep you informed as more information comes to hand. Blog Out HooRoo Bec National Update: Hillbilly Mom has asked about immigrating to the Nation of Beclakia. Anyone is welcome to migrate here, but you will have to take out citizenship. Right now we have a deal on Dual Citizenship, get one Citizenship for yourself, and we will throw in a second one for free! Great for opening Swiss Bank accounts, fake drivers licences, and convincing your Grandmother there is an extra person in the family, requiring birthday presents. Hillbilly Mom, has also been elected to parliment, as the Minister of Small Business, and the Minister of Transport, so look out for mobile Sonic Vans hitting the streets soon.

5 Comments:

At 8/19/2005 01:12:00 pm, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Hmmm...why am I not surprised that in
Bec's country, her teams can win EVERYTHING? Do not mention elections. Do not get me started.

I spent a Quimble yesterday filling up my gas hog. I will now immigrate to Beclakia, corner the market on Sonic Diet Cherry Coke, and convert all gas-burning machines so they will only run on that sweet elixir. Bwahaha.

 
At 8/19/2005 04:26:00 pm, Blogger Huggies said...

Have you started on your Railway yet?

 
At 8/20/2005 08:46:00 am, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Bec,
I don't have to pay taxes there, do I? Because if I do, I'll have to start MY own nation.

 
At 8/22/2005 09:58:00 am, Blogger Bert Ford said...

Althugh I think that Beclakia may be a going concern. The image of 6ft+ chicks getting out of the shower is distracting.

 
At 8/22/2005 10:50:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Sheriff,
Thanks for the welcome note, but where is the gift? Looks like someone wants a war against them.

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Point noted, welcome to your new home.

Hi Huggies,
No railway yet, the gunzels are still fighting over what it should be named, and why any vehicle that was made after they got interested in railways can not be a real train.

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
No taxes here, see blog entry about that one.

Hi Bert,
We are not the concern, just the problem. Now you have freaked me out, and I don't want to shower again.

HooRoo
Bec

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO