Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sadie, the Cleaning Lady.

Hi Natural Colour (150d), and other non Vegemite ingredients, Well I have just spent the last 3 hours, cleaning out the inside of my car. Yes that is right, three hours. Now I am sure you must be thinking I drive some kind of Hummer, tour bus, but no, I drive a humble 1984 Ford Laser. Now incase the international viewers don't know what a Laser is, here is a picture. I would also like to point out that I am a HOLDEN, not a ford girl, but I needed something to drive. More on that later, here's the picture.

Now this isn't a photo of my actual car. This is one that I took off the web, recoloured in Photoshop, then posted here on my blog. Yes that is right, I am too lazy to go and take a photo of my own car, why? Simple, it has started bucketing down with rain here, and I am not going to get any wetter, except for a bath after I have blogged this. The other sad thing is, my car isn't even this shade of blue, that is wishful thinking, on the off chance I may wash the outside of it one day. Now before you all start, we have been on water restictions here, that's why it hasn't been washed. I'll get around tot he outside one day. OK, back to the reason for this post. I was cleaning out the inside of my car, and isn't it interesting, just what some of the things are you can find. Now I am not going to get into the yucky stuff, I'm just going to list some of the more unusual things.
  • A Hockey Ball. Given I haven't played for two and a half years, how a ball got into a car I have only owned for 18 months, I will never know.
  • A copy of the first Edition of Maddison magazine. A fairly recent publication, but one I have never bought.
  • A BNC connector. Huh? I hear you say. Well you use it to connect BNC cables.
  • Six and a half peppermints. I found these when I took the casing off the handbrake cover (yes it was a thorough clean). I didn't eat any, they went straight into the vacuum.
  • A scooter. I'll be making use of this to get to work someday.
  • Four CD's that I haven't played in years, now on rotation.
  • My tax return from last year. Now I can get this years done.
  • Three socks. Now I know where the washing machine has been putting them.
  • And finally, $6.85 in loose change. Yay! I got paid $2.28 an hour to clean my car.
On the up side, I now have a windscreen I can see though, I no longer have the smell of wet dog in my car, even though I have never owned a dog, and I finally now know why my rear windscreen wiper is not working. It turns out the wiper motor has decided to break away from the rest of the metal stuff, and is free ranging in the back of the hatch. Looks like I'll have to go to a wreckers. So to everyone else, who has a bomb of a car, try giving it a clean, you never know what you might find. Blog Out HooRoo Bec

3 Comments:

At 7/24/2005 10:20:00 pm, Blogger Huggies said...

A fellow Rail Gunzel of mine called Shonk use to have a Ford Laser. Just before he got rid of it we went to Rockie and Back in it. An interesting experience to say the least.

I'm disappointed that you didn't put all the yukky stuff in the blog entry. However I could imagine some wet panties may have been found.

Interesting how you found a BNC connector. I haven't seen one since I had a Betamax VCR.

 
At 7/25/2005 09:44:00 pm, Blogger mj said...

My Ford Laser is far cleaner than that Bec. Yours sounded so filthy that you should have preserved it in-perpetuity as a mobile time capsule, a site of cultural significance from the late 90's and early naughties!

 
At 7/27/2005 11:33:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Mr Huggies,
I might blog about the yukky stuff one day, you have been warned.

Hi Mikey,
I am sure yours is a lot cleaner than mine, but mine will soon have A/C, not bad for an old bucket bomb.

HooRoo
Bec

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO