Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Don't make them

Hi Street Sweeper, and other non Breakfast at Sweethearts things. So, are you looking for a work out? One that will keep you fit like you have never been fit before? Well I have the answer for you, and it is not as hard as you think. After work today, I went swimming with Cazzie and her kids. Boy oh boy, what a work out. Those kids can keep you active in the pool and swam off your feet. Who cares about swimming laps. Mind you it was a lot of fun, and we will be doing it again very soon I am sure. Her kids also have a great marker for when to get out of the pool. No it is not the old standard of when your fingers go wrinkly, it is much better than that. When the kids hair start to glow fluorescent green, it is time to get out. Sure it looked a bit freaky, but it looked so damn cool. A lot better than me in my red Speedo Endurance, and Bright Pink swimming cap. In other news, I should have my new transport sorted out by the end of the week. After looking around for a while, I have finally settled on this....

It is a Honda VFR 800. A nice little bike with some get up and go. Hopefully I manage to get a day off this weekend and I can take it up to the hills and really test it out. I had tried out a lot of bikes, but as all riders know, when you sit on a bike, you know if it is the right one for you, and this one feels it for me. So after having been on Honda's all my life, then switching to Kawasaki's for a few years, I am now back on the Honda's. I would have liked to have got a Kawasaki ZZr600, but they just don't make them anymore, and to find them second hand is as rare as hens teeth. So I will just have to put up with the extra 200cc's of grunt, the fantastic handling on corners, the responsive brakes, and the sheer excitement that is this bike. I guess beggars can't be choosers. Blog Out, HooRoo, Rebecca

5 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 02:17:00 am, Blogger Deadman said...

Cool beans, babe. Nice bike!

 
At 5/03/2006 11:20:00 am, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Tis a wonder I am not as skinny as a rake then isn't it? Have to blame it all on the genetics I guess, being built like "Bronhilde" from Germany (not Bronhilde the train http://www.bwlr.co.uk/locos.php). Thanks for the great time, the kids slept ALL NIGHT as I bet you did too!
Love the motorbike...Mia wants one now..make that two... we are gunna be broke FOUREVER!

 
At 5/03/2006 11:39:00 am, Blogger LanternLight said...

Nice choice, what year is it?

I hear the brake system (DCBS), if it's got it, is interesting to say the least. JFGI reveals that there is at least 14, count em!, 14 brake hoses in the system.

If you breakdown this weekend and need a hand, give me a jingle.

Oh, and don't forget about the reserve tap. :-)

 
At 5/03/2006 06:02:00 pm, Blogger LanternLight said...

Oh, which reminds me. Since I've mentioned the "break down" word, make sure the bike shop pricks give you the "tools that are normally stashed under the seat", as some shops don't.

You can happily leave the tools selling you the bike behind :-)

 
At 5/05/2006 11:10:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Mark,
Yeah, now that I have it, I am loving it more and more. Just got to remember to keep it under the speed limit.

Hi Cazzie,
Yeah the pool was fun, let's do it again sometime.
Of course Mia wants a bike now. Next step is I turn up covered in tattoos and piercings, swearing every second word. I will ave the minds of your daughters corrupted in no time. :-P

Hi Lantern,
I put the key in, it starts and I go VROOOOOOOM! That is about the limit of my knowledge n mechanical things. As for the toolit, I am still trying to work out how to get the seat off. I will have that sorted out in the morning.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO