Saturday, May 06, 2006

Right up the

Hi Slugs, and other non creepy crawly things. Well, yesterday I finally picked up my bike. Oh it was a wonderful occasion, that was short lived, even before it started. You see the problem is, in Melbourne yesterday, it decided to bucket down with rain. While this didn't dampen my spirits for riding, as I am an all weather rider, it did make me feel like someone was out to get me. I'll explain it further in bullet form.

  • Get my bike learners, it rained.
  • Get my bike license, it rained.
  • Buy my first big bike, it rained.
  • Sell my first big bike, it rained.
  • Buy my first bigger bike, it rained.
  • Sell my first bigger bike, it rained.
  • Buy this bike, it rained.
As you can see a pattern has developed. I keep buying bikes, then selling them for bigger bikes, oh and in case you didn't notice, IT ALWAYS F&@%ING RAINS. You know, just once, I would like to get a new bike, and be able to ride it home in dry weather, so I could wear in the tyres, get to know what it can and can't do fully, and fully enjoy the experience. But no. Instead I have to put up with teaming rain, which fights for dear life to get under my protective cover of Dri-Rider, rain which makes me wish my helmet had windscreen wipers, and rain which makes every idiot in a car think that slamming your brakes on at the last possible second is a good thing. Oh, slight side note here. To the idiot car driver who yelled at me last night "Get off the road, you shouldn't be riding in weather like this, it is illegal." I suggest to you two things. One look in your mirrors before deciding to change across four lanes, there is other traffic on the roads. Two, cut up your license into jagged pieces, and shove it up your arse. You obviously have no idea with road laws. Now don't worry, this blog is not going to turn into one of those Us and Them rants about Bikes vs. Cars, I am a car driver too, but I will tell you all a short story, and hopefully something can be learnt by it. Someone I use to know, drove their car right up the arse of a truck, as they were merging into traffic. The truck was only just moving along, maybe 30km/h, as that was the speed of the traffic flow. This person (I would like to note right now this is NOT me, and yes this is a true story) managed to hit the truck while driving at 60km/h. They were very lucky to walk away from this one. When asked what the hell she was thinking when it happened, the reply was "It is not my fault. How was I meant to see a truck there, it shouldn't have been on the road, I was looking for cars." Yes, that is right, they thought that the only things that should be on the road is cars. Why? Simple. Car drivers generally look out for cars, because that is what they are in, and they are use to seeing them, as they are the majority of road users. So please bear in mind, that there are other things that use the roads, and it may save you from a nasty collision. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

2 Comments:

At 5/06/2006 09:47:00 pm, Blogger LanternLight said...

As you can see a pattern has developed. I keep buying bikes, then selling them for bigger bikes, oh and in case you didn't notice, IT ALWAYS F&@%ING RAINS.

The answer is obvious. Much like Rob McKenna in HHGTTG, you're a Rain Goddess!

"It is not my fault. How was I meant to see a truck there, it shouldn't have been on the road, I was looking for cars."

I've always thought that cage drivers should be forced to gain their motorcycle license.

The other thing that cage drivers do is cut in front of trucks, which have a huge stopping distance.

 
At 5/08/2006 07:53:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two, cut up your license into jagged pieces, and shove it up your arse. You obviously have no idea with road laws.

LMFAO! In fact, when you read this comment, I'll still be gigglin' like a skool gerl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO