Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sophie, A friend for life, not just for Christmas

For some reason the following post I saved as a draft, then clean forgot about it. Oh well, despite it now being out dated a little (Not in content, but in time of posting), I will still present it for your viewing pleasure/disdain.
Hi 148bpm, and other non dance music tempo's. Well I am sure you all know what this post will sort of be about, yes I am talking about Perth. Right now, I've been back at home in Melbourne for about two hours, and I am filled with mixed emotions. I am tired from the flying, buzzing from being in such a wonderful city, crying because I am missing Sophie, excited at what is still to come in my life, filled with hope from what I learnt in the last four days, and let's throw in a bit of nausea for good measure, gee I hate flying. As you all know, Sophie and I had never met, but that didn't matter. To me it felt like i had just caught up with my cousin, or more aptly my sister. You know how it is, you may have not seen them for years, but when you do, the conversation goes "So much been happening?" "Yeah, not a lot, just the usual." "Great to hear your keeping well then, pass the tomato sauce please." I had a few highlights, and low lights in Perth. The highlight was hanging around on the most comfy sofa I have ever been on, to watch a movie. We both bawled our eyes out at the same time, and it was great to be able to do that with someone else, instead of on your own. Just to stop a movie and to get a comforting hug was great. Being shown around the city really appealed to my liking of town planning, however due to there being a dead body next to the freeway, it was a major traffic jam getting there. I wondered if Fitty had been on holidays, but no barrels in sight. It was great to be able to say something and not have yourself answer it. Lowlights were my cooking effort on the electric stove, I'll do better next time Sophie, I promise. Being taken for a walk through Kings Park, on to some Tree Top walk. It scared the crap out of me, and my legs were jelly at the end of it. My fear of heights has not improved after that little adventure. So at the end of the day, was it worth flying over 3000km to spend two and a half days in Perth? Absolutely. Next time I will have to make the journey a longer one, so I can spend more time on Sophie's couch, and so I can get in some shopping, after I "donated" on of my tops to Sophie. Well she looks a lot better in it than I do, and since she put it on, all I wanted to do was take to her with scissors, but in a nice way. All I can say is going over there restored my faith a little in the human kind. While Sophie may have been worried about us not doing enough while I was there, just spending time with a great friend meant a lot to me. Blog Out HooRoo Bec

2 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 10:15:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bec.

It meant a lot to me too - all of the stuff we did, all of the time you were here, and everything else as well.

I have waited thirty years to find a friend like you, so as you say - its for life. And besides, I think it would be weird getting a friend for Christmas, like what if you picked them up and shook them to try and guess what it was??

I know there is a lot of crap going on in your life at the moment, but trust me, in a couple of years time you will be looking back on it all as a vague memory.

Do take care.

Love ya
Soph

 
At 10/04/2005 04:58:00 am, Blogger Huggies said...

I can see what you two have in common..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO