Monday, May 22, 2006

Grown up version

Hi MX readers, and other people who can actually read. Yes, this is another post which concerns hockey. Hey, not much else happening in my life right now, but I will talk about other things too. So as you know from my previous post, this weekend I was listed to play in two games. Two games of absolute hell, running around like a blue arse fly. For the first game, I got named at Centre Half. This is a position I have never really liked playing, not because of the workload, it is just my least favourite place to play. You work hard in defense and in attack, but there is no real sense of achievement, because all you do is set things up, then pass the ball off to other people. But still, I do play any position on the field, and I don't grumble about it, so there I played. Everything was going well, until about ten minutes before the end of the game. I tackled a girl for the ball, and it went off into vacant space. We both turned to go for the ball, and she tripped a bit. The next thing I remember is getting her elbow lodged firmly into my throat, then being on the ground, unable to breathe. Getting hit had caused a massive asthma attack, and just my luck, I had forgotten my pump. As I lay there trying to get in the little bits of air I could, someone else rushed their pump out to me, and it was empty. Thankfully someone from the other team had a pump. So I could at least get some medication into me, and start breathing. They called for the stretcher for me, but I refused it. There was no way I was going to be carried form the field. So I got to my feet, a bit dazed, and slowly walked off. After I left the field, an amazing thing happened. The rest of the team lifted and scored two goals! Only problem was the opposition had previously scored two goals, so we ended up with a draw. One good thing out of it is, we worked out the way for the team to be inspired to play hard and fast hockey, keep me off the field. So there I was, having been hit for six, stuffed after having run my arse off for the game, and what do I do? Well like the fool I am, I went out and played in the second game too. For the first 15 minutes, I wasn't allowed on the field, because of being a substitute player, but as soon as that time was up, I was in action. In the space of 3 minutes, I had two goals on the board. Something weird is happening this season, I seem to be turning into a goal scoring freak. For someone who has spent her life in defensive roles on the hockey field, this year it is a case of "look out goalies"! A few minutes later, I was stuffed, and I got rotated onto the bench. I came of the field, and lay on the ground, I was stuffed. But that didn't stop my team mates from the first game, from leaning over the fence to give me curry about not scoring goals for their team. Ahhh, you have got to love your team mates. After a few minutes to catch my breath, I was back on the field, and wouldn't you know it, I copped a stick in the knee, and out goes my knee cap. Thankfully it was only a minor dislocation, so I just popped it back in, and kept playing. You have got to love sport, it is so good for you. Having played in two games of hockey, and being completely stuffed from both, I then headed out for the night. For months now, one of my girlfriends and I have been planning a "Pizza, DVD, and Bitch" night. Basically it is grown up version of a slumber party. On the way there though, I managed to witness the reason for always wearing the correct gear when riding a motorbike. This guy on a Harley, turned the corner in front of me, as he accelerated away form the corner, his wife on the back of the bike decided that was the right point in time to let go, and do something with her helmet. The result? Well she fell off the back of the bike, broke a tooth, her cheekbone, cut her face up in various places, took the skin off her hands, and possibly also broke her hip. Now the broken bones would have most likely happened, but if she had been wearing a full face helmet, gloves and the correct clothing, she would have at least saved her skin. After attending to her in a First Aid role, I finally got to the "Pizza, DVD and Bitch" night. Slight problem though, the pizza store had no delivery drivers working on the Saturday night, so we ended up eating Chinese instead. It was a great night, and basically anything that moved got a serve of bitchiness, but it deserved it. The next day, we went shopping, just a bit of a look up and down Brunswick Street, and it was there, at the tender age of 31, I entered my first ever "Adult Store". My girlfriend had worked in one years ago, and she had known for some time, that I had never been into one of these stores, so after seeing one, she dragged me in. I must say, there is some weird shit in these places. At times, I didn't know if I was in an Adult Store, A medical museum, or a saddle shop. All I will say is some people are into some very weird shit, but hey, if it turns you on (even if you have to insert batteries and turn it on first) they hey, enjoy it, you are not hurting anyone. Unless you get the studded leather wrist bands and matching whip that is. Having experienced one of those stores, I now see no need to go back, unless they are the only place open at 4am, and they have started to stock milk and bread, and I don't see that happening in a hurry. So the end result of my weekend, is a few sore body parts, but a very relaxed mind. I think I won in the end. Blog Out, HooRoo, Rebecca.

3 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 06:31:00 am, Blogger LanternLight said...

Well like the fool I am, I went out and played in the second game too.

It's a hackney'd phrase but:
"With a heart as big as Phar Laps".

On the way there though, I managed to witness the reason for always wearing the correct gear when riding a motorbike.

When I hired a Harley in Colorado, the bike place looked at me strangely when I said "Helmet please".

Being the "Land of the free" and all, Colorado don't have a helmet law. And they suffer the motorcycle deaths every year because of it.

The helmet? An "LAPD Shorty" style. I've worn horse riding helmets with better protection.

 
At 5/23/2006 06:15:00 pm, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Glad you are in one piece and thank goodness I never brought the kids to that game!!
As for your excursion to the "HOT" shop...you are a virgin no more....and as you say, it doesn't mean you have to go back again any time soon..but just for the fun of it, LOL.

 
At 5/24/2006 12:13:00 am, Blogger Huggies said...

Bitches and Sex Shops.. Gotta love it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO