Thursday, May 18, 2006

Of the field

Hi Fishplates, and other non checkrail devices. Interesting day at work today. I got there, signed on, got told I was double booked, so go home. I was there for all of 30 seconds, got paid for 8 hours. Got to love being in a union. So I decided to do some blogging instead. I got offered a part share in a race horse this week. An interesting proposition, and one I am thinking of taking up. The thing will cost me $10 a week to be in, and I thought to myself "Mmmm, a race horse, $10 a week. I could blog about that." So I am now waiting on the paperwork, and I think I will take up this offer. The racing industry isn't something that interests me, heck, I even forget to bet on the Melbourne Cup, but the idea of being the owner of a horse sounds good. I can't remember what its racing name is, but its stable name is Lily. Once this all happens, I will keep you all informed. I was also a bad girl this week. I didn't go to hockey training at all. Not my fault though, I am working on the late arvo shift at the moment, and I happened to have worked both training nights. So I sent the selectors an SMS which said

"Fine to play on the weekend, just let me know which game. Sorry I couldn't train this week, but work duties called."
To my surprise, I got a reply today, which was not what I was expecting.
"Hi Bec, can you play in both the 3rds and the 4ths this week? One game after the other."
Ok, so let me see. In the fourths team, I play as an Inner (inside Forward), which means 70 minutes of running flat out, the full length of the field. Usually at half time I collapse on the field with an asthma attack, and manage to just get my breath back, before doing it again for the second half. At the end of the game I can hardly move. In the thirds, I play as a high sweeping Full Back. So I run three quarters of the field, across the width of the field, tagging whoever in the opposition has the ball, and making sure they get nowhere near our goals. By half time I am having an asthma attack, by full time, I am stuffed and can hardly move. So what did I answer to the request for me to play two games back to back?
"Sure, I'll be there, I'm looking forward to it."
Yeah, I am insane to be doing this I know, but what the heck, it will be fun. Sure I will be tired for my girls night out later that evening, but it will all be worth it. Besides, after the amount of time I will be spending on the asthma pump, I will be full of adrenalin for hours, so I will have to burn it off somewhere. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

3 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 07:33:00 am, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

You will be as fit as a darnded race horse by the time the season is over.....then you can go play beach volleyball during the Summer coz you'll be toned as!!

 
At 5/22/2006 02:15:00 am, Blogger Huggies said...

When are you going to write "Dear Hot Box Detectors and Skiding Wheels".

 
At 5/22/2006 10:24:00 am, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Cazzie,
I hope I am fit enough by the end of the season. Getting rid of my spare tyre is the only goal this year. Next year I will be working on the Super Abs.

Hi Mr Huggies,
No plans to write that book, but if I did, I am sure it would be a hot and steamy love novel.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO