Monday, May 29, 2006

Taken this long

Hi Lollies, and other non Dentist revenue raising things. Bit of a "Left Overs" post this one. No flow to it, just a few little things I wanted to get out of my head. We all know it is hard to find a needle in a haystack. But how painful would it be to try and find a piece of hay in a needle stack? I played for the first time yesterday Touch Footy. After having played hockey on the Saturday, I thought some Touch Footy training would be a good way to stretch the muscles before going off and playing hockey that night. Don't as me where this sudden fitness rant comes from, I guess I just have white line fever, and I am not talking about cocaine. Anyway, it was a mixed team, and I was playing for the light coloured tops. It was a muddy day, and at the end of it all, you get to see just where you got tackled or rather touched. The guys seem to only want to aim for one area, and I am sure you can all guess where that is. I've started binge eating again. Well not recently, but I guess it happened over a month or so. So despite all the recent sport, my intake of all things Carbs and tummy has gone through the roof. Because of this, my weight is on the rise again. Guess I will have to really start watching what I eat again. I wish I was one of these people with a metabolism which actually moves at a pace faster than the sand dunes of time. Good old shift work doesn't help either, but that is no excuse. I changed bedrooms the other week. I got sick of the one I was in, and the mess that was there, so I up and moved into the other bedroom, and then cleaned the junk out of my old bedroom. Next is to go through all my clothes and get rid of those I don't wear. I mean, heck, I have 72 skirts, time to downsize a bit I think. Last night at Comedy, I got to be a judge for the night. My task was to be the hanging judge. It was a lot of fun, and to add to the night, I put on a sexy voice for most of my announcements. This was the cause of much amusement and smuttery from the players. I seem to be getting a reputation that is totally the opposite of the kind of person I am. Heck, even one of the male nurses who is attending to Rachy is making comments out loud to her, which he thought he was thinking to himself. Could there be a vixen in me yet? Nah, I'm just not interested. If dogs lived in trees, where would cats run to if they were being chased? A button just broke off my pyjamas. Curses, just as winter is setting in too. Guess I will have to replace these old tatty faithfuls now. As the snow season is about to start here in Australia (I hear from Cazzie, that Queensland are expecting a bumper season of snow), I am wondering if Bob and Carl should make a return. I guess we will all just have to wait and see, then beg for mercy if they do. Finally this month, a problem which has been happening since September 2004, when I changed my name, has been sorted out. On my phone bill, when I use my mobile to access the internet, my old name would show up on the bill. This got to the point where I got the ombudsman involved just over a year ago. It has taken this long to be sorted out, and all the telco wants to say is sorry. I can't wait for my contract with them to run out in two months, then they will be losing me for home phone, mobile phone and internet. Enough is enough, that is nothing short of insulting, so Optus, you can take your foreign call centres, and shove them, and all of your departments, up your SingTel arses. With the current price of banana, I wonder why the supermarkets haven't put an electronic tag on them, so they know when people are stealing them. Sure one banana growing region got hit by a cyclone, but $12 a kilo, come on! That is more of a rip off than petrol, and that is hard to beat. Blog Out HooRoo Rebecca

8 Comments:

At 5/29/2006 11:03:00 am, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

""Sure one banana growing region got hit by a cyclone, but $12 a kilo, come on! That is more of a rip off than petrol, and that is hard to beat."" Makes you want to drink the feul and stuff the "banana in your tail pipe!"(Beverly Hills Cop fans no need to reply..all others need to watch Beverly Hills Cop just so they understand tail pipe does not = their ass!!)
Hey Rebecca..who is this Bob and Carl???hey hey hey?

 
At 5/29/2006 12:59:00 pm, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

I loves me some Bob and Carl.

Bananas, you say? Just last week, I bought some for $.15 a pound. You'll have to do the conversion, but I think you are being ripped off. I bought a whole pound. Yep. For FIFTEEN CENTS! Granted, they were turning a bit dark, but they lasted 3 days. I'd mail you some, but there are some tailpipes that need stuffing.

 
At 5/30/2006 03:30:00 pm, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

hehe Hillbilly Mom, that's the way to go....banana in the tail pipe of people you love to hate!
I wanted to buy some bananas to make a cake last week but I thought it better to go with a block of chocolate and some M&M's to put in it..much cheaper I have to say.

 
At 5/31/2006 02:05:00 am, Blogger Huggies said...

You love playing your sport Bec no wonder your always breaking your nose.

I'm looking forward to the snow this year in QLD. My pet Penguin's will be very happy.

As for the Banana's do yourself a favour and go for a Cucumber as I hear they do the same sort of job. ;)

 
At 6/01/2006 01:42:00 pm, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Cazzie,
Bob and Carl are Snowmen, and they know a thing or two.

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Yeah our banana's are a rip off right now, but still they are Australian. Nothing against American herbs, but I like my stuff to be locally grown.

Hi Cazzie,
Egad! Why make a chocolate cake, when you have my Boston Bun recipe? I feel insulted!

Hi Mr Huggies,
Yeah, I suffer from White Line Fever, and it's not the Maradonna type. As for the cucumber suggestion, babana's taste a lot better, and the cucumbers are not quite in season yet.
Yeah, I know, not the kind of answer you were expecting, but no fishing for me today.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 6/01/2006 09:51:00 pm, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

What do the snow men know then??

 
At 6/02/2006 07:47:00 am, Blogger Huggies said...

No fishing. But they are biting today and the tide is in.

 
At 6/03/2006 02:59:00 pm, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Hey...blog already Rebecca...we await your next entry..hope you scored at Hockey today..or defended your ass off!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

mitch
Feed the Mitch

Free Counters
Free Web Site Counter



Get Firefox!

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by TRAMPANTO